The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
This item has been discontinued.
This is our largest and most powerful wheeled All Terrain Robot (ATR) kit. It is designed and fabricated in North Carolina, USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. The chassis is a rigid gusseted 3/16" thick aluminum frame that is precisely fabricated using state of the art CNC equipment. The wheels are mounted on 1" OD solid steel axles, each of which are supported by two heavy duty pillow block bearings. Two axles are driven by powerful wheelchair motors delivering smooth reliable power. The front and back wheels on each side are chain coupled, giving the robot 4WD. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body). It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its wheels and "pivot turn" in place. See our ATR page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us .
This is a complete package that includes everything listed below. The package includes everything needed to make it run! The components and specifications are listed below for the default configuration. Other options, including assembly, using are available at the bottom of the page.
- Includes enclosed heavy duty chassis, hardware, and wiring kits.
- Two powerful 135 RPM Wheel Chair Motors (one per axle/wheel) connected to the axles by #35 chain and sprockets.
13 inch tiller wheels with solid steel axles and pillow block bearings.
- Trailer hitch for towing.
- Handles 150lbs of additional payload in most terrains.
- Variable speed and direction differental drive/steering.
Qty. 2 12V 35Ah batteries providing 2-4 hours of operation depending on use.
- Includes battery chargers.
- Sabertooth 2x60 Motor Controller (additional motor controller options are available as options).
- This robot includes a Spektrum remote control to wirelessly drive the robot (additional controller options available as options).
- This kit comes unassembled. As an option below you can select mechanical or full assembly.
- Specifications of this configuration:
- Drive Method: Chain drive with a 1:2 reduction (gear motor to drive wheels).
- Axle Mount: Dual Bearing (DB) - the axles are mounted on two heavy duty pillow block bearings.
Speed: 2.6 mph (with 135 RPM motors, its 1:2 reduction, and 13" wheels). Different gear reductions can be requested to vary speed and power. Use our Robot Speed Calculator for calculating the speed with different gear reductions.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 36.3 x 27.3 x 14.1 inches.
- Weight: Approximately 100lbs.
- Capacity: Payload of approximately 150lbs.
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different motors, motor controllers, batteries, etc. so you can configure the robot to your exact needs. The weight of the robot, its capacity, speed, etc. depend on how the robot is configured. The item details of the options listed below will specify weights, sizes, etc. This robot platform is a skid steer robot (left and right wheels are slowed down, stopped or reversed to turn). Since it has to skid to steer, friction is the major contributing factor for sizing your components. The more the robot weighs, the harder to turn. The higher the friction coefficient (deep grass, carpet, etc.), the harder it is to turn. The lower RPM motors have lower speed, but more torque for easier turning. The default options listed below are what we recommend as a good starting point. Contact us if you need help selecting options or need custom configuration.
Documentation and Support:
- This item usually ships within 7-10 days depending on volume.
- Assembly adds another 7-10 days.
- This item has to ship freight due to the size and weight. We will contact you after checkout for final shipping costs and arrangements.