This item does not qualify for free shipping.
This is our second generation of the LT robot. It is the same chassis that we offer with our tactical LT2 robot. The LT2 treaded robot is lighter weight than the HD2 Treaded robot. The LT2 will climb most household stairs. For more aggressive/steeper stairs or stairs with big noses (deep or no kickplates), a rear flipper is recommended as with the LT2-F Treaded Robot. The LT2 Treaded robot is an affordable treaded robot that can be easily transported (weighing about 40 lbs) and is small and can handle most terrains with its aggressive all terrain treads. Several different motors, battery options, and motor controllers can be selected with this robot kit.
The robot is a lightweight and tough and can drive over and under many obstacles. The treads are driven by powerful IG52 gear motors with #25 chain with a 1:2 reduction to the ~ 7 inch front wheels. The robot axles are solid high strength steel so they will not bend if the robot is dropped. We have designed this robot to be as simple as possible without compromising its strength, durability, or functionality. The LT2-F tactical version of this robot has been NIST tested and qualified. The chassis also uses our LT2 track and wheels, which will not derail under any circumstance NIST testing or ourselves could dish out. See our LT2/LT2-F Bloodhound for a tactical solution using this robot chassis.
This is a complete package that includes everything listed below. The package includes everything needed to make it run! Including robot, motors, batteries, chargers, controls, etc. Assembly is required. The robot can be customized including assembly using the options at the bottom of the page.
- Includes Heavy Duty Aluminum LT2 Robot Chassis, hardware, electronics, etc. The center cavity is large enough for the motors, batteries, electronics, cameras, etc. The LT2 chassis includes two battery compartments between the wheels and tracks providing even more room for your electronics. The top is flanged with CNC cut holes that are tapped for mounting the aluminum cover.
- Two heavy duty IG52-04 planetary 285 RPM gear motors (one per track) driven by a chain and sprocket with a 1:2 reduction (additional motor options are available below including encoders).
LT2 Pair of Tracks and Wheel Set - Standard Tread (additional track and wheel options are available).
- Variable speed and direction differential drive/steering.
- Two Interstate 12 Volt 7.2 Ah Sealed Lead Acid Batteries providing 1-4 hours of operation depending on use (Additional battery options are available as options).
- Includes battery charger(s).
- This robot comes complete with a motor controller (additional motor controller options are available as options).
- This robot includes a Spektrum remote control to wirelessly drive the robot (additional controller method options available as options) .
- Dimensions:The robot is about 26.5 inches long (track tip to tip) by about 7 inches high. It is about 16.5 inches wide without the flipper arms.
- Speed: The standard motors drive this robot up to 270 feet per minute (faster or slower motors are available as options).
- Weight: The total weight of this configuration is ~42 lbs. Without batteries it weighs ~31lbs. Different batteries, motors, etc. will affect the weight.
- Capacity: Handles 25lbs. of additional payload in most terrains (higher torque motors are available as options). Skid steering is the main limiting factor with the capacity (in order to turn the tracks must skid, additional weight makes this very difficult with high traction treads).
- Assembly: This kit comes unassembled. As an option below you can select, electrical, mechanical, or full assembly
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different motors, motor controllers, batteries, etc. so you can configure the robot to your exact needs. The weight of the robot, its capacity, speed, etc. depend on how the robot is configured. The item details of the options listed below will specify weights, sizes, etc. This robot platform is a skid steer robot (left and right wheels are slowed down, stopped or reversed to turn). Since it has to skid to steer, friction is the major contributing factor for sizing your components. The more the robot weighs, the harder to turn. The higher the friction coefficient (deep grass, carpet, etc.), the harder it is to turn. The lower RPM motors have lower speed, but more torque for easier turning. The default options listed below are what we recommend as a good starting point. Contact us if you need help selecting options or need custom configuration.
This robot can be configured with encoders used for telemetry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot semi-autonomous. Our motors use hall-effect encoders.
For more information, check out these blog posts
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
Documentation and Support:
- This package is built to order. The item usually ships within 4-10 days depending on volume.
- Assembly adds a couple more days.
- This is a heavy robot. Depending on options and quantity, it may ship Freight, if so freight costs will be added after checkout.
- Actual delivery may vary based on workload, contact us for a more accurate delivery time.
Contact us if you need expedited delivery.