Configurable - HK1000-DM4-E, 4WD All Terrain Autonomous Development Platform
- Drive Method: Direct Drive.
- Axle Mount: Direct Mount (DM) - the axles are mounted directly to the motor shaft.
- Speed: ~5 mph (120 RPM motors and 13" wheels).
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 40 x 26 x 18.5 inches.
- Weight: Approximately 190lbs.
- Capacity: Payload of approximately 200lbs.
- No extra payload – running robot at ½ to ¾ speed for max efficiency
- Drive straight – 10 amps
- Pivot Turn concrete - 45 amps
- Gradual Turn – 15-20 amps
- Uphill (loading dock ramp) - 15-20 amps
- 200 lb payload - running robot at ½ to ¾ speed for max efficiency
- Drive straight – 15 amps
- Pivot Turn concrete - 120 amps
- Gradual Turn – 40-50 amps
- Uphill (loading dock ramp) - 30 amps
This is a complete package that includes everything listed below. The components and specifications are listed below for the default configuration. Other options are available at the bottom of the page.
- Complete assembly, wiring, setup, and testing.
- Custom 2-tone textured bedliner paint with 80/20 mounting rails on top, sides, and bumpers.
- Mulitple Lids on top for easy access of electronics and batteries. Ample room for additional electronics.
- Includes the chassis, hardware, and wiring kits.
- Four powerful 120 RPM wheelchair motors with encoders added for velocity control of the motors.
- Qty. 2 13 inch direct drive wheel and shaft set. (Total of 4 wheels and shafts, 2 sets of 2).
- Qty. 2 12V 35Ah batteries providing 1-3 hours of operation depending on use.
- Includes battery charger.
- Qty. 2 RoboteQ 2x60A Motor Controller. (Two 2-channel controllers. Each motor separately controlled with encoder feedback speed control). As of July 2019 all HK 1000 robots will be built using RoboteQ motor controllers.
- Other Electronics Components:
- 180A disconnect switch.
- Completely wired including all necessary high current wiring, mounting hardware, zip ties, cable tie downs, etc.
- Basic ROS Control Package
This robot comes with encoders used for speed control/velocity control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot semi-autonomous.
Select the battery package option you want in the Item Options section below.
- Default battery option: (Qty 2) 35 amp hour lead acid batteries with a 4 amp hour charger.
- Upgraded battery option 1: (Qty 4) 35 amp hour lead acid batteries with an upgraded charger.
- Upgraded battery option 2: (Qty 2) 42 amp hour LiFePO4 batteries with (Qty 2) 4 amp chargers.
Select the control package option you want in the Control Options section below.
- RC Control
- Basic ROS Package
- Autonomous ROS Package
- The HK1000 is a very flexible and robust platform that can support many different autonomous configurations. Several models of stereo cameras, 3D LiDAR, and GPS options can be applied. These sensors, coupled with our software, can provide reliable localization, 3D obstacle detection, and path planning for a full autonomous solution. See our ROS Control Package for options and contact us to discuss a configuration that best suits your application.
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
- Warranty is not included by default. SuperDroid Robots will repair any manufacturing defects for 1 year after shipment.
- Damage from abuse or neglect will not be covered.
- Any shipping costs are the responsibility of the purchaser.
- Unlimited technical support.
- Consumable items will not be covered by the warranty. Consumable items include, but are not limited to treads/tracks, bearings, wheels, and batteries.
- Warranty can be selected or deselected in the options below. If no warranty is selected, standard warranty terms apply (See Standard Warranty Terms)
- This item is Built to Order 4-8 Weeks.
- Need it faster? Contact us
The HK-1000 autonomous robotic platform is specifically designed and built for autonomous robotic development. Options at the bottom of this page allow you to select a ROS package or you can contact us for a custom configuration including 3D LIDAR, vision, IMU, RTK GPS, etc.
This is a 4WD robot that uses four of our heavy-duty Motors and our 13" Tiller Tires. The wheels are mounted directly to the heavy-duty motor shaft for simplicity. High ground clearance, high payload capacity, and powerful motors make this robot a workhorse. At only 26 inches wide it can fit between standard doors as well as most field crop rows. The Enclosed Chassis is made of 1/8" and 3/16" aluminum plate CNC plasma cut and welded together. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body). It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its wheels and "pivot turn" in place.
The robot is being sold in the configuration listed below. The robot is fully assembled, wired, programmed with speed control, tested and ready to run. A ROS control package is available as an option. Read on for more details. If further customization is required, please fill out our Custom Robot Request Form.
See our ATR page for more details about our All Terrain Robots.