- This item is built to order based on the options selected below. Please allow 6-16 weeks for shipment depending on the lead time of fiber optics cable.
- Actual delivery may vary based on workload, contact us for a more accurate delivery time.
- Contact us if you need expedited delivery.
This is a spool of Fiber Optic Cable with slip ring for tethered control systems. It includes the media converters and provides a transparent ethernet connection that is 1km long. Different lengths can be requested. As you drive, feed the cable in or out depending on the direction you are going. The cable is heavy duty and weatherproof so it can go everywhere your robot can. To be used with any of our tethered inspection robots.
If you need longer or shorter runs than 1km, contact us.Contact us if you need a custom solution. We have run fiber up to 5 miles on a spool for robots.
We make the spool to order. Typically for our own robots, but we can make it stand alone. Data speed is 100Mbs, but we can also make it 1000Mbs if needed. The spool end has a ethernet RJ45 and a battery to power the media converter. The robot end has an enclosure that is attached to the robot with a RJ45 connector. The power for the robot side is 24VDC POE. When the two sides are hooked up it acts just like an ethernet cable except its going over fiber. The fiber is armored and strain relieved. We do not recommend using the fiber as a retrieval cable though. Typically we send a Kevlar or steel cable in parallel to the fiber data cable.
- Weight: approx. 130 lbs
- Dimensions: approx. 25" wide x 30" long x 37" high.
- Outdoor rated cable
- Wheeled base for easy transport
Tether Spool - Fiber Optic Cable
- Brand: SuperDroid Robots
- Product Code: TE-630-100
- Availability: Built to Order 8-16 Weeks
- This item does not qualify for free shipping