What is IPS?
Indoor navigation positioning system (IPS) is like a GPS for indoor environments designed to provide high-precision location data to autonomous robots. An IPS system consists of at least two stationary beacons, one or more mobile beacons, software interface, and a central modem. Together, the system creates a global coordinate frame automatically. The IPS provides the robot's current location precisely to +-2cm and the software interface provides the way-points that the robot travels. The modem uses radio-frequency to communicate to the beacons.
- Fully Flexible Robotics platform - Specifically designed to provide the most flexible platform possible for research and development projects. The open chassis and platform allows for quick and easy component replacement and additions to suit your needs.
- Autonomous Development - Thanks to the versatility and strength of Ubuntu, the robot is perfect for developing and testing your own autonomous robotics algorithms. Ubuntu also allows the programmer to run ROS, thus making autonomous robot projects easier to work on.
- University Design Projects - The functionality of the platform makes it perfectly suited for design and testing of your own control systems, algorithms and sensor arrays.
This robot is configured as listed below in the bullets. We offer options at the bottom of the page if you want to change the configuration. We can customize the robot beyond the listed option to your needs if you require something custom, Contact Us with your specifications.
- Chassis: Custom Aluminum 2WD Chassis
- Motor: IG32P 24VDC 190 RPM Gear Motor with Encoders
- Motor Controller: RoboteQ SDC2160 - 2x20A 60V Motor Controller with Encoder Input
- OCU: Logitech USB GamePad Controller
- Battery: 2 x Interstate 12 Volt 7.2 Ah Sealed Lead Acid Battery (SLA) - 0.250 Faston
- Battery Charger: Automatic 24V 2A Lead Acid Battery Charger
- IPS: MarvelMind IPS - Indoor Navigation Positioning System Starter Kit with IMU (HW v4.9)
- Software: MarvelMind Dashboard for IPS system
- Small Board Computer: ODROID-XU4
- Wireless Router: ASUS 3-In-1 Wireless Router
- Voltage Regulator: Voltage Regulators
- USB hub: Anker 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub
- Professional Assembly: The entire robot will be assembled, configured, tested, and supported by our professionally trained staff here in NC.
- LIDAR: 2D LIDAR options listed below, 360 degrees range. Choosing this option will allow you to implement obstacle detection and avoidance. The code for basic obstacle avoidance comes included with this package.
Contact Us if you would like a custom configuration of this robot.
Documentation and Support
- This item is Discontinued.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us
The image gallery displays the Autonomous Programmable IPS Robot.
This is a configurable robot kit with selectable options at the bottom of the page. The options are pre-selected to reflect our recommended configuration but can be changed to suit your needs.
This programmable autonomous robot can be controlled via a Gamepad or used as an autonomous robot. Equipped with an ODROID-XU4 running Ubuntu 16.04, it allows for quick and easy changes to the firmware and provides the most flexible platform possible. The Programmable robot can be controlled wirelessly over its own WiFi router. The Asus 3-In-1 Wireless Router can also be configured as a bridge and by doing so allows it to be an extension of your home or office network. This gives extended range and the option to control the robot from anywhere in the world with an internet connection if you configure port forwarding.
The open chassis and platform design allows for unsurpassed flexibility for your needs, research, and/or design project. This allows for quick and easy addition and replacement of sensors and controls.
The MarvelMind Indoor Positioning System (IPS) allows indoor autonomous navigation by providing the robot a global coordinate frame. The (optional) 2D LIDARs listed in the options below allow the robot to perform obstacle detection and avoidance. These devices, when used together, provide full autonomy to the robot.
Configurable - ROS Autonomous Programmable IPS Wheeled Robot - DISCONTINUED
- Product Code: TP-600-445
- Availability: Discontinued