Features and Specifications
- Power Stage
- Operating Voltage: 12V to 40V DC
- Number of Channels: 2
- Max Current:
- 30 sec: 60A
- 1 min: 50A
- 3 min: 40A
- 1 hr: 40A
- Surge Current: >250A
- ON Resistance: 5 mOhm
- Synchronous Rectification: Yes - Allows regenerative braking
- Current Limiting: By automatic power output reduction according to load and elapsed time
- Temperature protection: Automated current limit reduction starting at 80° C (175° F) heat sink temperature
- Voltage protection: Output shut off below 12V and above 43V
- Power Wiring: 0.25" Faston Tabs
- R/C Inputs: 2 inputs(1.0ms - 1.5ms center - 2ms, Adjustable)
- Serial Interface: RS232. 9600 bauds
- Analog Interface: 2 inputs (0V - 2.5V center - 5V)
- Input Corrections: Ch1 & Ch2 mixing for tank steering. Programmable deadband. 4 Exponent & Logarithmic command curves.
- Optical Encoder Inputs: 4 Inputs for 2 incremental encoders. 125kHz max
- RC Ouputs: 8 Pulsed Ouputs for driving RC servos
- Analog Inputs: 2 inputs, 8-bit resolution
- Digital Outputs: 1 output, 24V 2A max
- Digital Inputs: 2 general purpose inputs
- 5V Supply Output: 100mA max for Radio or other devices
- Operating Modes
- Open Loop Speed: Forward & Reverse Speed Control. Separate or Mixed
- Closed Loop Speed: Use Tachometer on analog inputs & PID
- Position Mode: Use Potentiometer on analog inputs & PID
- Controller Configuration: Jumper-less using PC utility
- Operating Temperature: -40 to +85°C heat sink temperature
- Enclosure: Unenclosed, board level
- Cooling: Heatsink
- Controller size:
- 4.2" Wide (106mm)
- 6.75" Long (172mm)
- 1.2" High (30mm)
- Cables: 10" (25cm) RC cable to Radio. 4' (1m) RS232 cable for PC connection
- Weight: 212g (7.5oz)
Roboteq’s AX3500 is designed to convert commands received from a R/C radio, Analog Joystick, wireless modem, or microcomputer into high voltage and high current output for driving one or two DC motors. Designed for maximal ease-of-installation, it is delivered with all necessary cables and hardware and is ready to use in minutes.
The controller's two channels can either be operated independently or mixed to set the direction and rotation of a vehicle by coordinating the motion on each side of the vehicle. The motors may be operated in open or closed loop speed mode. Using low-cost position sensors, they may also be set to operate as heavy-duty position servos.
The AX3500 version is equipped with quadrature optical encoders inputs for precision speed or position operation. Numerous safety features are incorporated into the controller to ensure reliable and safe operation.
The controller can be reprogrammed in the field with the latest features by downloading new operating software from Roboteq.
RoboteQ AX3500 - 2x60A Motor Controller with Encoder Input
- Product Code: TE-147-000
- Availability: Limit 2 per customer Contact us for higher quantities.