This robot design was developed for Law Enforcement and Military purposes but can be purchased and used by anyone. Industries such as network switch rooms, power substations, power generators, factories, home inspections, first responders, etc. have all used this robot for inspection or surveillance from a remote/safe distance. The robot can also be customized with HAZMAT sensors, etc., please contact us if you need the robot customized.
- Multiple Height Surveillance - This robot's functionality allows for surveying bed tops, countertops, windows, and other areas where surveillance height is required.
- Remote Inspection - The 360 Pan and tilt with 20x optical zoom camera with low light vision and high intensity LED lights combined with the scissor lift allow the robot to inspect everything remotely. The pan will rotate 360 degrees and the tilt can move 180 degrees so you can see everywhere. Using the Wi-Fi package and setting your router up to port forward, the robot can be operated anywhere in the world remotely via the internet!
- Hostage and hazardous surveillance - Survey hostile/hazardous situations staying out of harm's way.
- Clearing rooms remotely - Clear rooms and buildings remotely with audio and video surveillance.
- Remote Surveillance - The 360 Pan and tilt with 20x optical zoom camera with low light vision and high intensity LED lights allow the robot to see everything.
- Entry into difficult areas: This 4WD robot is quick and has the ability to traverse many obstacles that often stop other robots.
This surveillance/inspection robot comes with the recommended and most popular set up. By changing, adding or removing features at the bottom of this page you can configure the robot to suit your needs and budget.
- Robot Run Time: Up to 4 hours.
- Speed: 0 to 200 feet per minute, infinitely adjustable/controllable.
- Weight: The robot weighs about 54 lbs
- Dimensions: The robot is 22" wide, 25" long, 22" tall collapsed, 54" tall extended
- Platform: Enclosed, wheeled, All Terrain Robot modified to accept the scissor lift. This includes the chassis, 4 heavy duty gear motors for the drive, the wheels, motor controller, (2)batteries, wiring, assembly, testing, etc.
- Scissor Lift Assembly: The lift raises the camera to a height over 4ft and collapses to a height of 1.5ft
- Camera System: Pan and Tilt with a 20X Optical Zoom Camera. Tilt range is 180 degrees (+90 to -90 degrees) and pan range is 360 degrees (LED Flood lights can be selected below).
- Control Package: WiFi Tactical Robot Controller with Video Server (Other control packages can be selected below).
- Battery Charging: The chargers are fully automatic and will charge all the batteries simultaneously.
- Assembly: The entire robot will be assembled, configured, tested, and supported by our professionally trained staff.
The PTW-42-L comes with an Enclosed Case Remote controlling the system.
- Enclosed Case Remote: Enclosed in a durable hard plastic case. Spring-loaded joysticks for drive and camera controls offer the operator better feedback and more precise control of the robot. They also make it easier to operate the robot while wearing gloves. LCD Touchscreen displays camera feed and controls other functions of the robot.
These controllers can connect using two different methods, wireless and tethered. The WiFi control system is great for operating the robot up to 300 feet away with a direct line of sight.
A tethered system is necessary for areas with obstructions, underground sections, or pipes. Our tether system includes a spool for easy deployment and cable management.
The PTW-42-L has the following control options:
- WiFi only system:
- 500ft Tethered System:
If your application requires a different cable length than the options we have listed, please contact us.
Add-Ons and Options
- Encoder: Keep track of distance traveled in feet or meters. This is great for keeping track of where you are when you see something of note with the inspection camera.
- IMU: Tracks incline of the robot. Assists with maintaining orientation. Displays pitch and roll axis on the controller.
- Custom Paint:The robot comes standard painted SuperDroid Blue. If you would like a different color select the custom color and we will contact you for the paint color code.
- Lights: This add-on provides the user with an option to add remotely operated high intensity LED lights to illuminate the darkness.
- PA System (for Audio from Remote to the Robot): This add-on allows the user to use a handheld radio to broadcast to the robot through a loudspeaker PA system. Using this option along with the above microphone allows 2-way communication between the remote users and the robot.
- Robot Microphone (for Audio from Robot to Remote): This add-on installs a microphone on the robot. The microphone is a high-quality microphone that is meant for listening to large areas. The microphone will be mounted to the robot and the audio will be transmitted back with the video transmitter via the audio channel. The audio will be broadcast real-time on the 7 Color LCD. The volume of the audio can be adjusted on the monitor. The gain, etc. of the microphone is set up on the microphone on the robot.
Contact us if you would like a custom configuration of this robot.
Documentation and Support
- This item is Built to Order 4-8 Weeks.
- Due to the size of this item, freight shipping is typically required. We will contact you after checkout with freight costs and arrangements.
- Need it faster? Contact us
- SuperDroid Robots provides a 1-year warranty after shipment. See datasheet for full details.
- Extended warranties, spare parts, and maintenance training are available, contact us with specific needs. Service agreements are also available.
The image gallery displays possible configurations of this robot, please see configuration options.
This is SuperDroid Robots' enclosed wheeled All Terrain Robot with scissor lift PTZ camera. This robot is a great surveillance/inspection robot that allows you to see over countertops, on top of beds, through windows, etc. that most low profile robots cannot achieve. The 4WD platform, with 10inch pneumatic tires, allows this robot to easily navigate over most terrains. The PTZ camera has a 20x optical zoom so all details of any situation can be observed. The camera can rotate 360 degrees and can Tilt 180 degrees. The mobile All Terrain Enclosed Robot with scissor lift is programmed and fully assembled complete with a tactical remote.
Configurable - PTW-42-L 4WD Inspection and Patrol Robot with Scissor Lift and PTZ Camera
- Product Code: TP-630-100
- Availability: Built to Order 4-8 Weeks
- This item does not qualify for free shipping