Features and Specifications
- Size: 1.09" x 1.12: x 0.37″
- Weight: 7.5 g
- General Specifications
- Interface: TTL serial, SPI
- Minimum operating voltage: 4V
- Maximum operating voltage: 5.5V
- Maximum logic voltage: 3.3 V
- Axes: pitch (x), roll (y), and yaw (z)
±8 g (accelerometer)
- Measurement range: ±12 gauss (magnetometer)
- Supply current: 50mA
- Case/enclosure?: Yes
- Excluding mounting tabs.
- Without included cable; 10 g with cable.
- Note: The main UART pins, TX and RX, are 5V-tolerant and can be used directly with 5 V systems that are guaranteed to read 3.3 V as high. The secondary UART and some of the SPI pins are NOT 5V-tolerant.
The UM7 orientation sensor is a third-generation Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) from Redshift Labs that produces attitude and heading estimates from triaxial accelerometer, rate gyro, and magnetometer data. Unlike a typical inertial measurement unit (IMU), which only provides raw sensor readings, the UM7 features an onboard microcontroller that combines sensor data using a sophisticated Extended Kalman Filter (EKF) to generate orientation estimates 500 times a second.
UM7 Orientation Sensor
- Product Code: TS-084-UM7
- Availability: 2 In stock