Providing Engineering Services
Do you need custom engineering? Don’t let the word “custom” scare you. The word “custom” to us simply means that we will provide you with a solution that perfectly suits your needs and fits within your budget. We do everything under one roof by ourselves from design, prototyping, development, metal cutting, fabrication, welding, assembly, electronics, programming, and testing. Since we do it all from one location (right outside of Raleigh, NC USA) our costs and lead times are unbeatable.
We have combined our engineering pages into one engineering page. Most of our robots and projects cover multiple disciplines, so we figured it would be best to combine the services to one page. Whatever your engineering needs, let SuperDroid Robots help you. Your custom engineering project can be as simple as figuring out the right wire size to a complete design and build of a robot. Let us help you today! Please fill out our custom engineering request form.
We offer more services than just custom fabrication and machining. Please follow the links below for additional services:
SuperDroid Robot’s focus is mechanical engineering. We have mechanically engineered all the robots we provide from beginning to end. We handle each step in-house, including conceptual design, 3D solid modelling, strength analysis, thermal analysis, welding, machining, and fabrication support. The same people that design the robots actually make them.
- Motor Sizing
- Gear, chain, belt, sprocket, etc. sizing and calculations
- Metallurgy and material selection
- 3D solid modelling
- Machining, welding, CNC experience and design
Our electronic engineering services provide full turnkey solutions. We provide a complete product development process including conceptualization requirements, specification, system-level design, board level design, hardware prototyping and firmware development.
- Micro-controller based designs
- Analog circuit design
- Digital circuit design
- Audio and power amplification
- Power supplies and distribution
- Control systems
- System level design and integration
- Schematic capture and PCB design
- Hardware prototyping and simulations
- Firmware development - Embedded
- Full turnkey solutions
- Detailed BOM and cost analysis
We offer custom software engineering services including .NET, Windows Embedded, MikroC, and Linux. Our software developers have the experience and skills to provide the brainpower to your robot or other mechanical devices.
- Application (manual) Control Software
- Robot Autonomous Control Software
Core Languages and Platforms
- Visual Basic (VB)
- PICBASIC Pro
- Microsoft .NET
- Microsoft Embedded
- Linux Embedded
Take your design from concept to reality. Many companies offer mechanical and electrical design services, but can’t fabricate your prototype. We specialize in designing and fabricating prototypes, robots, and any mechatronic application. Our team of engineers has the resources, skills and experience to create a prototype that perfectly matches your project’s requirements. Contact us today for a price quote on your next prototype.
Why SuperDroid Robots?
- Interact with the people working on your project.
- Cut costs, time, and confusion by having all of your work done in one U.S. based location.
- Your location does not matter. Fill out our online form and we'll be in touch.
- Get done what you need. All work is custom and we will adapt to your requirements.
- With 20 years of experience building professional robots, we have expertise in both mechanical and electronic engineering.
- We've provided various electro-mechanical applications and custom robots for law enforcement agencies.
- Our staff has expertise in mechanical engineering, electronics engineering, software engineering, welding, and fabrication.
Our custom devices and robots have...
- autonomously scanned commercial aircraft.
- assisted in hostage crisis situations via cameras and two-way audio communication.
- detected gasses and other substances using the latest sensors.
- surveyed violent and hostile areas without human involvement.