The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
If assembly is chosen as an option below, this item will not qualify for free shipping.
These All Terrain Robots (ATRs) are designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. The enclosed chassis is a rigid gusseted aluminum frame that is precisely fabricated using state of the art CNC equipment. The wheels are mounted on solid steel axles which are supported by ball bearings. Each axle/wheel is driven by a planetary gear motor delivering smooth reliable power. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body. It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its wheels). See our ATR page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us .
This is the same robot chassis we use for our enclosed WiFi ATR, less the camera and WiFi components.
- Includes chassis, hardware, electronics, etc.
- Four heavy duty planetary gear motors (one per axle/wheel) (additional motor options are available including encoders).
- 10 inch pneumatic wheels with solid steel axles and ball bearing supports (additional wheel options are available).
- Variable speed and direction differental drive/steering.
- 24V SLA batteries and 7Ahrs of capacity providing 1.5-3 hours of operation depending on use (Additional battery options are available as options).
- The robot package also includes battery mounts as an option.
- Includes battery chargers.
- This robot comes complete with a motor controller (additional motor controller options are available as options).
- This robot includes a Spektrum remote control to wirelessly drive the robot. (additional controller method options available as options).
- This kit comes unassembled. Assembly can be selected as an option below.
- Specifications of this configuration:
- Drive Method: Direct drive.
- Axle Mount: Single Bearing (SB) - the axles are mounted to the motors and one sealed ball bearing.
Speed: 320 ft/min (with 122 RPM motors and 10" wheels). Different motors can be selected below to adjust the speed. Use our Robot Speed Calculator for calculating the speed with different motors.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 24.8 x 22.0 x 10.7 inches.
- Weight: Approximately 42lbs.
- Capacity: Payload of approximately 20lbs. (selecting higher torque/lower RPM gear motors will allow for a higher payload).
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different motors, motor controllers, batteries, etc. so you can configure the robot to your exact needs. The weight of the robot, its capacity, speed, etc. depend on how the robot is configured. The item details of the options listed below will specify weights, sizes, etc. This robot platform is a skid steer robot (left and right wheels are slowed down, stopped or reversed to turn). Since it has to skid to steer, friction is the major contributing factor for sizing your components. The more the robot weighs, the harder to turn. The higher the friction coefficient (deep grass, carpet, etc.), the harder it is to turn. The lower RPM motors have lower speed, but more torque for easier turning. The default options listed below are what we recommend as a good starting point. Contact us if you need help selecting options or need custom configuration.
One option that is available with this robot kit is the coupling of the front and back axles so they will work together. Standard configuration is the left two motors are wired together as are the right two, which allows them to run together. While driving on rough terrain, turning, etc., if one wheel stalls or starts to spin, the adjacent motor has to do all the work. When the axles are coupled together it provides power from both motors. This option is only available in the assembly. If you wish to do the coupling yourself, without assembly, you can get the chains and sprockets here.
This robot can be configured with encoders used for telemetry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot semi-autonomous. Our motors use hall-effect encoders.
For help selecting the encoder options, read this blog post:
For more information, check out these blog posts:
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
Documentation and Support:
- This item is Built to Order and usually ships in 3-7 Days.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us
The videos below demonstrates how the ATR performs in a variety of situations. The video is of our enclosed WiFi ATR, which is the same chassis, just configured for WiFi control.