The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
Sorry, this item does not qualify for free shipping.
This is our new 6WD robot kit that uses our heavy-duty 135 RPM Wheel Chair Motors and our 13" tiller tires. The wheels are mounted on 0.75" OD solid steel axles, each of which is supported by two heavy-duty pillow block bearings. The three wheels on either side are chain coupled, making the robot 6WD. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body). It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its wheels and "pivot turn" in place. This is the same chassis we use for our 6WD RC Snowplow
See our ATR page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us .
This is a complete package that includes everything listed below. The package includes everything needed to make it run! The components and specifications are listed below for the default configuration. Other options, including assembly, using are available at the bottom of the page.
- Includes the chassis, bearings, chain and sprockets, hardware, and wiring kits.
- Two powerful 135 RPM Wheel Chair Motors (one per axle/wheel) connected to the axles by #40 chain and sprockets.
- The axles of the three wheels on each side are coupled with #35 chain and sprockets giving the robot 6WD.
13 inch tiller wheels with solid steel axles and pillow block bearings.
- Qty. 2 12V 35Ah batteries providing 1-2 hours of operation depending on use (additional battery options are listed below).
- Includes battery charger.
Sabertooth 2x60 Motor Controller.
- Other Electronics Components:
- This kit comes unassembled. As an option below you can select mechanical or full assembly.
- Specifications of this configuration:
- Drive Method: Chain drive with a 10:18 reduction (gear motor to drive wheels).
- Axle Mount: Dual Bearing (DB) - the axles are mounted on two heavy duty pillow block bearings.
Speed: 2.9 mph (with 135 RPM motors, its 10:18 reduction, and 13" wheels). Different gear reductions can be requested to vary speed and power. Use our Robot Speed Calculator for calculating the speed with different gear reductions.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 38 x 39 x 19 inches.
- Weight: Approximately 150lbs.
- Capacity: Payload of approximately 150lbs.
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different motors, motor controllers, batteries, etc. so you can configure the robot to your exact needs. The weight of the robot, its capacity, etc. depend on how the robot is configured. The item details of the options listed below will specify weights, sizes, etc. This robot platform is a skid steer robot (left and right wheels are slowed down, stopped or reversed to turn). Since it has to skid to steer, friction is the major contributing factor for sizing your components. The more the robot weighs, the harder to turn. The higher the friction coefficient (deep grass, carpet, etc.), the harder it is to turn. The lower RPM motors have lower speed, but more torque for easier turning. The default options listed below are what we recommend as a good starting point. Contact us if you need help selecting options or need custom gearing or other configuration.
This robot can be configured with encoders used for telemetry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot semi-autonomous. Our motors use hall-effect encoders.
For help selecting the encoder options, read this blog post:
For more information, check out these blog posts:
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
Documentation and Support