The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
Sorry, this item does not qualify for free shipping.
This is our 6WD Remote Controlled Snow Plow robot, a powerful and versatile platform with a mounted ATV snow plow. The plow is raised and lowered using a linear actuator and the angle is manually adjustable. It can drive up steep slopes and climb curbs with ease. The chassis is a rigid gusseted 3/16" thick aluminum frame. The plow is also removable so you can use the robot for other purposes such as hauling/towing material and equipment.
The drive motors are powerful wheelchair motors, which chain drive the wheel axles with a 10:18 gear reduction. The three wheels on either side are chain coupled, giving the robot 6WD. The wheels are mounted on 0.75" OD solid steel axles, each of which is supported by two heavy-duty pillow block bearings. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body). It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its wheels and "pivot turn" in place. See our ATR page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us .
This is a complete package that includes everything listed below. The package includes everything needed to make it run! The components and specifications are listed below for the default configuration. Other options are available at the bottom of the page.
- Includes the chassis, bearings, chain and sprockets, hardware, and wiring kits.
- Heavy duty 48" Cycle Country Snow Plow, made from steel, with mounting kit.
- Two powerful 135 RPM Wheel Chair Motors (one per axle/wheel) connected to the axles by #40 chain and sprockets.
- The axles of the three wheels on each side are coupled with #35 chain and sprockets giving the robot 6WD.
13 inch tiller wheels with solid steel axles and pillow block bearings.
- Qty. 2 12V 35Ah batteries providing 1-2 hours of operation depending on use (additional battery options are listed below).
- Includes battery charger.
Sabertooth 2x60 Motor Controller.
- This robot includes a Spektrum remote control to wirelessly drive the robot (additional controller options available as options).
Spektrum AR9020 fail safe receiver.
- 400 lb. linear actuator with a pulley system to raise and lower plow.
Syren 10A Motor Controller for linear actuator.
- Other Electronics Components:
- This kit comes fully assembled.
- Specifications of this configuration:
- Drive Method: Chain drive with a 10:18 reduction (gear motor to drive wheels).
- Axle Mount: Dual Bearing (DB) - the axles are mounted on two heavy duty pillow block bearings.
Speed: 2.9 mph (with 135 RPM motors, its 10:18 reduction, and 13" wheels). Different gear reductions can be requested to vary speed and power. Use our Robot Speed Calculator for calculating the speed with different gear reductions.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 55 x 48 x 19 inches (with plow down and straight ahead).
- Weight: Approximately 350lbs.
- Capacity: Payload of approximately 150lbs.
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different options so you can configure your robot the way that you want it. The weight of the robot, its capacity, speed, etc. depend on how the robot is configured. The item details of the options listed below will specify weights, sizes, etc. The default options listed below are what we recommend as a good starting point. Contact us if you need help selecting options or need custom configuration.
Documentation and Support:
- This item is Built to Order and usually ships in 4-8 Weeks.
- Due to the size of this item, freight shipping is typically required. We will contact you after checkout with freight costs and arrangements.
- Need it faster? Contact us