SuperDroid Robots is a authorized reseller of this authentic Arduino product.
The Arduino WiFi Shield connects your Arduino to the internet wirelessly. Connect it to your wireless network by following a few simple instructions to start controlling your world through the internet. As always with Arduino, every element of the platform – hardware, software and documentation – is freely available and open-source. This means you can learn exactly how it's made and use its design as the starting point for your own circuits.
Features and Specifications:
- Requires an Arduino board (available below as an option - not included)
- Operating voltage 5V (supplied from the Arduino Board)
- Connection via: 802.11b/g networks
- Encryption types: WEP and WPA2 Personal
- Connection with Arduino on SPI port
- On-board micro SD slot
- ICSP headers
- FTDI connection for serial debugging of WiFi shield
- Micro-USB for updating WiFi shield firmware
The WiFi Shield communicates with Arduino using the SPI bus (through the ICSP header), so is compatible with any of the boards that have this type of bus.
This version of WiFi shield has an integrated antenna on the PCB, what you have to do is just connect the shield to the Arduino.
Documentation and Support: