This item does not qualify for free shipping.
This is a 4WD IG42 Single Bearing (SB) platform that is set up for outdoor localization and autonomous navigation. The Autonomous Mobile Robot is powered by an on-board CubePilot system that's built on top of the versatile and open-source ArduPilot software suite. CubePilot uses GPS, IMUs and encoders to localize the robot outdoors while guiding it through an array of GPS waypoints. This robot can be controlled through the provided RC transmitter or ArduPilot Mission Planner. Mission Planner is a full-featured user interface that provides a point-and-click waypoint entry using Google Maps. Two Digi XBee3 radios are included for wireless telemetry between the robot and Mission Planner. Other features include robot position and status monitoring, data logging, access to ArduPilot configurations and much more.
All of our robotic platforms are designed and fabricated in North Carolina, USA and are fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics.
- Simple Patrolling Platform: Using Mission Planner, this robot can easily be setup to repeat a GPS plotted route for inspection or data gathering. Other sensors, such as cameras can be easily mounted to the provided rails for extra functionality.
- Transportation Platform: This robot can be used to transport light payloads to and from specified GPS locations.
University Research/Design Projects: This is a great flexible and modular platform for a head start on autonomous robotics projects. Feel free to contact us for any customization.
Specifications and Configuration
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 22" x 15" x 16"
- Weight: 47lbs
- Speed: ~2.3mph
- Axle Mount: Single Bearing (SB)
- Capacity: Approximately 25lbs
This robot is configured as listed below in the bullets. We can customize the robot to your needs if you require changes. Contact Us with your specifications.
By default, this robot comes with a Here2 GNSS GPS module that provides standard GPS accurate to about 3 meters.
Upgrading to a Here+ RTK GPS system will improve the system to sub-meter accuracy. Real-time kinematic (RTK) positioning is a technique that greatly improves GPS accuracy but requires a GPS base station to provide correctional data. The RTK upgrade includes:
- Here+ RTK GPS system (base and rover GPS modules)
- Second pair of XBee radios for wireless communication between Mission Planner and the RTK base station
- Battery to power the station
- Setup, firmware upgrades, and testing
Documentation and Support
- This item is Built to Order and usually ships in 4-6 Weeks.
- Need it faster? Contact us