The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
This item does not qualify for free shipping.
This is a configurable robot kit with selectable options at the bottom of the page. The options are pre-selected to reflect our recommended configuration but can be changed to suit your needs.
This is our 4WD Remote Controlled Snow Plow robot (see our 6WD RC Snow Plow), a powerful and versatile platform with a snowplow mounted on the front. The plow is raised and lowered using a linear actuator and the angle is manually adjustable. It can drive up steep slopes and climb curbs with ease. The chassis is a rigid gusseted 3/16" thick aluminum frame. The plow can be removed by undoing four bolts on the front of the chassis and another on the linear actuator so you can use the robot for other purposes such as hauling/towing material and equipment.
The drive motors are powerful wheelchair motors, which are directly coupled to the wheels. This setup provides plenty of power, speed, and reliability. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body). It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its wheels and "pivot turn" in place. See our ATR page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us.
This is a complete package that includes everything listed below. The package includes everything needed to make it run! The components and specifications are listed below for the default configuration. Other options are available at the bottom of the page.
- Welded aluminum chassis.
- 42" Snow Plow Blade with adjustable height and angle.
- Four powerful 120 RPM Wheel Chair Motors (one per wheel)
13 inch tiller wheels with solid steel axles.
- Qty. 2 12V 55Ah batteries providing 1-2 hours of operation depending on use (additional battery options are listed below).
- Includes battery charger.
Sabertooth 2x60 Motor Controller.
- FlySky FS-i6 remote control.
- Qty. 2 150 lb. linear actuator with pulley system to raise and lower plow.
Syren 10A Motor Controller for linear actuator.
- Other Electronics Components:
- This kit comes fully assembled.
- Specifications of this configuration:
- Drive Method: Direct Drive.
- Axle Mount: Direct Mount (DM) - the axles are mounted directly to the motor shaft.
Speed: ~5 mph (120 RPM motors and 13" wheels).
- Dimensions w/o Plow (LxWxH): 57 x 32 x 23 inches (with plow straight ahead).
- Dimensions w/ Plow (LxWxH): 57 x 39.5 x 23 inches.
- Weight: 240lbs.
- Capacity: Payload of approximately 250lbs.
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different options so you can configure your robot the way that you want it. If you need more traction, there is an option to add chains to the wheels. The weight of the robot, its capacity, speed, etc. depend on how the robot is configured. The default options listed below are what we recommend as a good starting point. Contact us if you need help selecting options or need custom configuration.
Documentation and Support:
- This item is Built to Order and usually ships in 4-8 Weeks.
- Due to the size of this item, freight shipping is typically required. We will contact you after checkout with freight costs and arrangements.
- Need it faster? Contact us