This is our recommended loadout for the TP-200-001 and includes everything listed below. This configuration includes everything needed to make it run! Other options, including assembly, are detailed in the Available Options section.
- The standard configuration loadout comes unassembled.
- Includes the chassis, hardware, and wiring kits.
- Gear Motors: Four (4) IG52 285 RPM Gear Motors (2 front and 2 rear)
- Tracks: One (1) set of HD2 Pair of Tracks and Wheel Set.
- Battery System: One (1) K2 25.6V 9.6Ahr LiFePO4 battery. providing 1-4 hours of operation depending on use.
- Motor Controller(s): One (1) Sabertooth Dual 25A Motor Driver.
Available Options(Selected Below)
While we recomend the standard configuration, if you would like to customize your robot we offer many options you can choose from at the bottom of the page. The TP-200-001 kit allows for a wide range of customizations based on your needs. We offer a variety of motor controllers, batteries, RC controllers, and encoders so you can configure the robot to meet your requirements. The weight of the robot will vary depending on how the robot is configured (batteries are the main cause of this). You can find detailed specs such as weight and dimensions by clicking on the component and viewing its product page. For help selecting components, read the information below.
- Gear Motors: Choose from our selection of different RPM gear motors. As you go down in RPM, your payload capacity will go up but your speed will go down. As you go up in RPM, your payload capacity will go down but your speed will go up. RPM for front and rear motors must be the same. You can choose to have just front or rear motors if you prefer but capacity will be reduced.
- Batteries: The HD2 comes standard with 1 K2 25.6V 9.6Ahr LiFePO4 battery. You can choose to get two if you want to extend the ampacity of your build. If you choose two batteries you must also get two battery brackets and the dual battery charging system.
- Motor Controllers: Choose from our selection of RoboteQ, Sabertooth, and RoboClaw motor controllers. In most configurations, a single motor controller is all that is required. The left side motors share a channel while the right side motors share the other channel. We offer the option to double the quantity in case you require encoders on all four motors.
- Encoders: This robot can be configured with encoders used for odometry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot autonomous or semi-autonomous. For encoders, select motors with encoders and the appropriate motor controller and encoder hookup. Linked below in the documentation and support section are some resources that help in selecting encoder options.
- RC Controllers: We offer several options for controlling your platform. If you are planning on using this robot with a microcontroller, Wi-Fi control package, or similar device an RC controller is not necessary.
- WiFi Control Package: We offer an option to control your robot with a WiFi package. If you wish to have encoder feedback, there is an option for WiFi Package with encoder input.
- Custom Chassis: You can choose to widen the chassis by 6 inches if this fits your needs better.
- Paint: We offer the option to have your HD2 painted. Our standard color is black bedliner but it can be customized if you wish.
- Assembly: You can choose if you'd like our team to assemble the kit prior to delivery. If you have selected encoders and want assembly you must select the assemble with encoders in the options section. The in-house assembly will typically add a week to delivery.
Documentation and Support
- HD2 support page
- Click here for a datasheet of the HD2 Treaded robot with custom control and camera options.
- Dimensional Drawing of HD2 chassis
- HD2 Assembly Manual
- How to Build a Robot - Support and Videos
- PDF Drawing
This is a configurable robot kit with selectable options at the bottom of the page. The options are pre-selected to reflect our recommended configuration but can be changed to suit your needs.
The HD2 is a large tracked robotic development platform designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. This is the same chassis we use in our tactical robots. It is very rugged and can carry up to 100 lbs. of additional payload depending on the motors selected. The large platform allows the robot to easily climb obstacles, ascend stairs, and drive over most terrain.
It's a tank, so we built it like one. The wheels are supported with inner and outer race sealed ball bearings (the wheels are NOT cantilevered or direct driven from the gear motor shaft). The wheels are driven with powerful IG52 gear motors a heavy-duty #35 chain. The design uses all CNC-cut parts with mortise and tenon design for precise alignment and mating of the parts. The frame is ribbed and gusseted making it extremely rigid. The body panels and ribs are welded together for a sturdy and solid chassis. The robot is enclosed and can be sealed to make it watertight. We have designed this robot to be as simple as possible without compromising its strength, durability or functionality. You can get more information on the HD2 on our support page.
The tracks and wheels have been modified from the original design to make this robot even more robust. The wheels are an assembly made from a 1" thick high strength rubber centerpiece with timed teeth,sandwiched between two black Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyurethane (UHMW) outer pieces. The treads are CNC cut to have timed holes that match the timed teeth of the wheels. The outside edges of the tracks have guides to ensure proper tracking. The idler wheels have also been modified to be an assembly of rubber and UHMW to add further stability and tracking of the treads. The result is a much hardier track and wheel system that is more tolerant of changes in temperature, speed, debris, etc.
This robot can be configured in many different ways to suit your needs. Scroll down to the Item Options section to view and select the options for your robot. The information here and on our HD2 support page will help you choose the options that are right for you. When you are finished configuring your robot click the "Update" link at the bottom of the page to see the adjusted price with your chosen options. We have selected the default options to give you a high-performance complete robot kit.
These specifications are based on the Standard Configuration listed below. These values may change based on the options selected.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 39" x 20" x 9.5"
- Weight: 90 pounds
- Drive Method: Direct Drive
- Speed and Payload Chart: Tracked Robots
- With default selected options: 40 to 80 pounds depending on use
- Payload range with available options: 40 to 200 pounds
- With default selected options: 221 feet per minute (2.5 mph)
- Top speed range with available options: 34 to 221 feet per minute
Configurable - HD2 Treaded ATR Tank Robot Platform
- Product Code: TP-200-001
- Availability: Built to Order 1-3 Weeks
- This item does not qualify for free shipping