The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
This item does not qualify for free shipping.
This is a configurable robot kit with selectable options at the bottom of the page. The options are pre-selected to reflect our recommended configuration but can be changed to suit your needs.
These All Terrain Robots (ATRs) are designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. It is a smaller version of our Standard ATRs, therefore it does not have the same clearance or capacity, but still has the same speed and maneuverability. The wheel axles are directly mounted (DM) to the motor output shafts. The motors are powerful enough to allow this robot to go over most terrain, yet its size makes it very maneuverable indoors. The kit provides you with what you need to make a great All-Terrain robot.
The robot comes with a welded aluminum chassis, wheels, and hubs, which directly couple to the IG32 gear motors. Each hub/wheel is driven by a planetary gear motor delivering smooth, reliable power. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body. It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its wheels). See our ATR page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us
Specifications and Configuration
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 16.6" x 15.7" x 6.0"
- Weight: 19 pounds
- Axle Mount: Direct Mount (DM) - Axles are mounted directly onto the motor shaft
- Drive Method: Direct Drive
Speed and Payload Chart: 4WD IG32-DM Robots
- With default selected options: 5 to 12 pounds depending on use
- Payload range with available options: 1 to 25 pounds
- With default selected options: 298 feet per minute (3.38 mph)
- Top speed range with available options: 83 to 416 feet per minute
This is our recommended loadout for the TP-150-032 and includes everything listed below. This configuration includes everything needed to make it run! Other options, including assembly, are detailed in the Available Options section.
While we recommend the standard configuration, if you would like to customize your robot we offer many options you can choose from at the bottom of the page. The TP-150-032 kit allows for a wide range of customizations based on your needs. We offer a variety of motor controllers, batteries, RC controllers, and encoders so you can configure the robot to meet your requirements. The weight of the robot will vary depending on how the robot is configured (batteries are the main cause of this). You can find detailed specs such as weight and dimensions by clicking on the component and viewing its product page. For help selecting components, read the information below.
- Gear Motors: Choose from our selection of different RPM gear motors. As you go down in RPM, your payload capacity will go up but your speed will go down. As you go up in RPM, your payload capacity will go down but your speed will go up.
- Batteries: We offer a few different battery options but there are two types of batteries that we recommend using with this kit: Lead Acid and LiFePO4. The lead acid batteries are much less expensive but are heavier, do not provide any internal circuit protection, and can survive anywhere from about 200-1000 charge cycles. The LiFePO4 batteries are more expensive but are much lighter, have internal circuit breakers to prevent damaging themselves, and can survive about 1000-3000 charge cycles. The charge cycle estimates are based on the recommended depth of discharge for each battery cycle. A lead acid battery is only recommended to be discharged to about 50% of it's capacity while a LiFePO4 battery can be discharged to 100% with no long term affects.
- Motor Controllers: Choose from our selection of RoboteQ, Sabertooth, and RoboClaw motor controllers. In most configurations, a single motor controller is all that is required. The left side motors share a channel while the right side motors share the other channel. We offer the option to double the quantity in case you require encoders on all four motors.
- Encoders: This robot can be configured with encoders used for odometry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot autonomous or semi-autonomous. For encoders, select motors with encoders and the appropriate motor controller and encoder hookup. Linked below in the documentation and support section are some resources that help in selecting encoder options.
- RC Controllers: We offer several options for controlling your platform. If you are planning on using this robot with a microcontroller, Wi-Fi control package, or similar device an RC controller is not necessary.
WiFi Control Package: We offer an option to control your robot with a WiFi package. If you wish to have encoder feedback, there is an option for WiFi Package with encoder input.
- Upper Deck: You can choose to add either a plastic ABS or aluminum upper deck to your assembly. This is a great way to add space for any additional components you might want to add.
- Assembly: You can choose if you'd like our team to assemble the kit prior to delivery. If you have selected encoders and want assembly you must select the assembly with encoders. The in-house assembly will typically add a week to the delivery time.
Documentation and Support
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
- This item is Built to Order and usually ships in 2-4 Days.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us