This is a complete package that includes everything listed below. The package includes everything needed to make it run! The components and specifications are listed below for the default configuration. Other options, including assembly, using are available at the bottom of the page.
- Includes enclosed heavy duty chassis, hardware, electronics, etc.
- Four heavy duty IG42 planetary 122 RPM gear motors (one per axle/wheel) connected to axle by chain and sprocket (additional motor options are available below including encoder).
- 10 inch pneumatic wheels with solid steel axles and ball bearing supports (additional wheel options are available).
- Handles 50lbs of additional payload in most terrains (higher torque motors are available as options).
- Variable speed and direction differential drive/steering.
- 24V 4500 mAHr NiMH 2x10 Battery Pack providing 1-2 hours of operation depending on use (additional battery options are available as options).
- Includes battery chargers.
- Sabertooth Dual 12A RC Motor Driver (additional motor controller options are available as options).
- This kit comes unassembled. As an option below you can select mechanical or full assembly.
- Specifications of this configuration:
- Drive Method: Chain drive with a 10:15 reduction (gear motor to drive wheels).
- Axle Mount: Dual Bearing (DB) - the axles are mounted on two sealed ball bearings.
- Speed: 215 ft/min (with 122 RPM motors, its 10:15 reduction, and 10" wheels). Different motors can be selected below to adjust the speed. Use our Robot Speed Calculator for calculating the speed with different motors.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 23.5 x 23 x 10 inches (wheel height).
- Weight: Approximately 38lbs.
- Capacity: Payload of approximately 50lbs. (selecting higher torque/lower RPM gear motors can allow payload of up to 100lbs).
Available Options(Selected Below)
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different motors, motor controllers, batteries, etc. so you can configure the robot to your exact needs. The weight of the robot, its capacity, speed, etc. depend on how the robot is configured. The item details of the options listed below will specify weights, sizes, etc. This robot platform is a skid steer robot (left and right wheels are slowed down, stopped or reversed to turn). Since it has to skid to steer, friction is the major contributing factor for sizing your components. The more the robot weighs, the harder to turn. The higher the friction coefficient (deep grass, carpet, etc.), the harder it is to turn. The lower RPM motors have lower speed, but more torque for easier turning. The default options listed below are what we recommend as a good starting point. Contact us if you need help selecting options or need custom configuration.
One option that is available with this robot kit is the coupling of the front and back axles so they will work together. Standard configuration is the left two motors are wired together as are the right two, which allows them to run together. While driving on rough terrain, turning, etc., if one wheel stalls or starts to spin, the adjacent motor has to do all the work. When the axles are coupled together it provides power from both motors. This option is only available in the assembly. If you wish to do the coupling yourself, without assembly, you can get the chains and sprockets here.
This robot can be configured with encoders used for telemetry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot semi-autonomous. Our motors use hall-effect encoders.
For help selecting the encoder options, read this blog post:
For more information, check out these blog posts:
- RoboteQ XDC2460 controller: Speed controller with encoder input
- Encoder CPR
- Encoder Support Overview
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
Documentation and Support
- This item is Discontinued.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us
This is a configurable robot kit with selectable options at the bottom of the page. The options are pre-selected to reflect our recommended configuration but can be changed to suit your needs.
This kit includes the updated version of the chassis with a single piece aluminum lid instead of multiple plastic panels that were used in previous versions. The single-piece lid is better for use in rain as there are no cracks in the top surface. The lid is also easier to remove as it uses draw latches instead of screws.
These All Terrain Robots (ATRs) are designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. This is the second generation of the chassis with a single piece bent sheet metal lid. It allows for easier access to components and better weather resistance since there are not longer any cracks in the lid for water and dust to settle into. The chassis is a rigid gusseted aluminum frame that is precisely fabricated using CNC equipment. The wheels are mounted on solid steel axles which are supported by two ball bearings per wheel. Each axle/wheel is chain driven by a planetary gear motor delivering smooth reliable power. This double bearing (DB) method of mounting and driving the wheels allows the chassis to absorb the payload rather than the motors, thus increasing the payload capacity. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body. It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its wheels). See our ATR page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us .
Configurable - IG42-DB4-E, 4WD All Terrain Enclosed Heavy Duty Robot Platform - DISCONTINUED
- Product Code: TP-180-042
- Availability: Discontinued
- This item does not qualify for free shipping