The image gallery displays possible configurations of this robot.
This item does not qualify for free shipping.
This is a configurable robot kit with selectable options at the bottom of the page. The options are pre-selected to reflect our recommended configuration but can be changed to suit your needs.
This robotic platform kit allows you to customize the length and width of your chassis, making it a great choice for projects that have specific size requirements! As with our standard kits, this custom size platform allows you to build your kit from the ground up! That means you can choose the type of motors, wheels, controllers, batteries, and other components to meet your needs.
All of our robotic platforms are designed and fabricated in North Carolina, USA and are fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics.
These specifications are based on the Standard Configuration listed below. These values may change based on the options selected.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 22.4" x 26" x 11.6"
- Weight: 75lbs.
- Speed: 2.9 mph (250 feet per minute)
- Payload Capacity: Approximately 50lbs.
- Axle Mount: Dual Bearing (DB) - the axles are mounted on two sealed ball bearings.
- Drive Method: Chain drive with a 15:21 reduction (gear motors to drive wheels).
This is our recommended loadout for the TP-071-052 and includes everything listed below. This configuration includes everything needed to make it run! Other options, including assembly, are detailed in the Available Options section.
While we recommend the standard configuration, if you would like to customize your robot we offer many options you can choose from at the bottom of the page. The TP-171-052 kit allows for a wide range of customizations based on your needs. We offer a variety of motor controllers, batteries, RC controllers, and encoders so you can configure the robot to meet your requirements. The weight of the robot will vary depending on how the robot is configured (batteries are the main cause of this). You can find detailed specs such as weight and dimensions by clicking on the component and viewing its product page. For help selecting components, read the information below.
- Gear Motors: Choose from our selection of different RPM gear motors. As you go down in RPM, your payload capacity will go up but your speed will go down. As you go up in RPM, your payload capacity will go down but your speed will go up.
- Wheels: Choose from our selection of 10in or 13in tires. You can choose from our standard grip pneumatic tires or if more traction is required you can choose our rugged all terrain traction lug tires.
- Batteries: We offer two types of batteries with this kit: Lead Acid and LiFePO4. The lead acid batteries are good batteries but heavy and do not provide any internal circuit protection. The LiFePO4 batteries are much lighter, have internal circuit breakers to prevent damaging themselves, and can survive more charge cycles.
- Motor Controllers: Choose from our selection of RoboteQ, Sabertooth, and RoboClaw motor controllers. In most configurations, a single motor controller is all that is required. The left side motors share a channel while the right side motors share the other channel. We offer the option to double the quantity in case you require encoders on all four motors.
- Encoders: This robot can be configured with encoders used for odometry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot autonomous or semi-autonomous. For encoders, select motors with encoders and the appropriate motor controller and encoder hookup. Linked below in the documentation and support section are some resources that help in selecting encoder options.
- RC Controllers: We offer several options for controlling your platform. If you are planning on using this robot with a microcontroller, Wi-Fi control package, or similar device an RC controller is not necessary.
WiFi Control Package: We offer an option to control your robot with a WiFi package. If you wish to have encoder feedback, there is an option for WiFi Package with encoder input.
- Bumper: You can choose to include a bumper to your robot package. This is a great way to add protection to your robot.
- Sandblast and Paint: You can choose to have your robot sandblasted and then painted. This typically adds 1 week to delivery time.
- Assembly: You can choose if you'd like our team to assemble the kit prior to delivery. If you have selected encoders and want assembly you must select the assemble with encoders in the options section. The in-house assembly will typically add a week to delivery.
Documentation and Support: