The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
This is a configurable robot kit with selectable options at the bottom of the page. The options are pre-selected to reflect our recommended configuration but can be changed to suit your needs.
The MLT-JR is designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. It is a smaller version of our LT2 and HD2 tanks but built with the same high level of quality, strength, power, etc. This is not a plastic imported robot that will disappoint you. It performs exceptionally well for its size and is intended as a small maneuverable customizable tracked robot platform.
The robot comes with a welded aluminum chassis, wheels hubs and tracks. Each track is driven by a planetary gear motor delivering smooth reliable power. The sprocket wheels are mounted directly to the motor output shaft and an idler wheel is bolted to the chassis. The tracks are molded 4 ply seamless tracks offering exceptional strength and quality. The motor and track combination allow this robot to go over most terrain, yet its size makes it very maneuverable indoors. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body. It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its tracks). The kit provides you with what you need to make a compact affordable All-Terrain tracked robot.
These specifications are based on the Standard Configuration listed below. These values may change based on the options selected.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 12.5" x 11" x 4"
- Weight: 6 pounds
- Drive Method: Direct Drive
Speed and Payload Chart: Tracked Robots
- With default selected options: 6 to 10 pounds depending on use
- Payload range with available options: 3 to 15 pounds
- With default selected options: 179 feet per minute (2.0 mph)
- Top speed range with available options: 71 to 250 feet per minute
This is our recommended loadout for the TP-220-001 and includes everything listed below. Other options are detailed in the available options section.
While we recomend the standard configuration, if you would like to customize your robot we offer many options you can choose from at the bottom of the page. The TP-220-001 kit allows for a wide range of customizations based on your needs. We offer a variety of motor controllers, batteries, RC controllers, and encoders so you can configure the robot to meet your requirements. The weight of the robot will vary depending on how the robot is configured (batteries are the main cause of this). You can find detailed specs such as weight and dimensions by clicking on the component and viewing its product page. For help selecting components, read the information below.
- Gear Motors: Choose from our selection of different RPM gear motors. As you go down in RPM, your payload capacity will go up but your speed will go down. As you go up in RPM, your payload capacity will go down but your speed will go up.
- Motor Controllers: Choose from our selection of Sabertooth, RoboteQ and RoboClaw motor controllers. In most configurations, a single motor controller is all that is required.
- Encoders: This robot can be configured with encoders used for odometry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot autonomous or semi-autonomous. If this option is selected a high resolution optical encoder is installed on the motor. Linked below are some resources that help in selecting encoder options.
- RC Controllers: We offer several options for controlling your platform. If you are planning on using this robot with a microcontroller or similar device an RC controller is not necessary.
- Assembly: You can choose if you'd like our team to assemble the kit prior to delivery. The in-house assembly will typically add a week to delivery.
Documentation and Support
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
- This item is Built to Order and usually ships in 2-5 Days.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us