The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
If assembly is chosen as an option below, this item will not qualify for free shipping.
This is a configurable robot kit with selectable options at the bottom of the page. The options are pre-selected to reflect our recommended configuration but can be changed to suit your needs.
This mecanum wheel Arduino robot platform is designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. This robot kit includes the CNC cut 4WD base intended for our IG32 gear motors and Nexus Mecanum wheels or omnidirectional wheels. The chassis is a rigid gusseted aluminum frame (1/8") that is precisely fabricated using state of the art CNC equipment. Each wheel is supported by a flanged, double-sealed ball bearing for extra support. It is designed for all our planetary IG32 and IG32P gear motors with or without encoders. It is NOT intended for our right angle IG32 gear motors. This robot platform is specifically designed for direct driving with Nexus mecanum wheels and hubs (listed in the options below). This robot is a more robust version of the IG32 Mecanum Wheel Vectoring Robot. See our vectoring robot page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this Programmable robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us .
This kit is perfect for the creation of an Autonomous robot. We offer a wide variety of sensors to develop autonomy. We also offer a RC override option so you can control the robot with an RC Controller (Select in Options Below) .
Specifications and Configuration
These specifications are based on the Standard Configuration listed below. These values may change based on the options selected.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 19.3" x 18.4" x 4"
- Weight: 30 pounds
- Axle Mount: Single Bearing (SB)
- Drive Method: Direct Drive
Payload : 50 pounds
Speed: With default selected options: 200 feet per minute (2.25 mph)
This is our recommended configuration and includes everything listed below. This configuration includes everything needed to make it run! Other options, including assembly, are detailed in the Available Options section.
While we recomend the standard configuration, if you would like to customize your robot we offer many options you can choose from at the bottom of the page. The TP-095-004 kit allows for a wide range of customizations based on your needs. We offer a variety of motor controllers, batteries, RC controllers, and encoders so you can configure the robot to meet your requirements. The weight of the robot will vary depending on how the robot is configured (batteries are the main cause of this). You can find detailed specs such as weight and dimensions by clicking on the component and viewing its product page. For help selecting components, read the information below.
- Wheels: Choose between our 4 inch high capacity mecanum wheels (recommended) and our 4 inch plastic sleeve bearing mecanum wheels.
- Gear Motors: Choose from our selection of different RPM gear motors. As you go down in RPM, your payload capacity will go up but your speed will go down. As you go up in RPM, your payload capacity will go down but your speed will go up.
- Batteries: We offer a few different battery options but there are two types of batteries that we recommend using with this kit: Lead Acid and LiFePO4. The lead acid batteries are much less expensive but are heavier, do not provide any internal circuit protection, and can survive anywhere from about 200-1000 charge cycles. The LiFePO4 batteries are more expensive but are much lighter, have internal circuit breakers to prevent damaging themselves, and can survive about 1000-3000 charge cycles. The charge cycle estimates are based on the recommended depth of discharge for each battery cycle. A lead acid battery is only recommended to be discharged to about 50% of it's capacity while a LiFePO4 battery can be discharged to 100% with no long term affects.
- Motor Controllers: Choose from our selection of RoboteQ, Sabertooth, and RoboClaw motor controllers. In most configurations, a single motor controller is all that is required. The left side motors share a channel while the right side motors share the other channel. We offer the option to double the quantity in case you require encoders on all four motors.
- Encoders: This robot can be configured with encoders used for odometry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot autonomous or semi-autonomous. For encoders, select motors with encoders and the appropriate motor controller and encoder hookup. Linked below in the documentation and support section are some resources that help in selecting encoder options.
- RC Controllers: We offer several options for controlling your platform. If you are planning on using this robot with a microcontroller, Wi-Fi control package, or similar device an RC controller is not necessary.
- Microcontroller: In order for this robot to be programmable, a microcontroller is required. You can choose from several options below.
WiFi Control Package: We offer an option to control your robot with a WiFi package. If you wish to have encoder feedback, there is an option for WiFi Package with encoder input.
- Upper Deck: You can customize your robot to have either a ABS plastic upper deck or an aluminum upperdeck.
- Assembly: You can choose if you'd like our team to assemble the kit prior to delivery. If you have selected encoders and want assembly you must select the assemble with encoders in the options section. The in-house assembly will typically add a week to delivery.
Documentation and Support
- This item is Built to Order and usually ships in 3-7 Days.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us
The video below shows the mecanum wheels in action.