The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
This is a configurable robot kit with selectable options at the bottom of the page. The options are pre-selected to reflect our recommended configuration but can be changed to suit your needs.
The SST is designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. It is a smaller version of our LT2 and HD2 tanks but built with the same high level of quality, strength, power, etc. This is not a plastic imported robot that will disappoint you. It performs exceptionally well for its size and is intended as a small maneuverable customizable tracked robot platform.
The robot comes with a welded aluminum chassis, wheels hubs and tracks. Each track is driven by a planetary gear motor delivering smooth reliable power. The sprocket wheels are mounted directly to the motor output shaft and an idler wheel is bolted to the chassis. The tracks are molded 4 ply seamless tracks offering exceptional strength and quality. The motor and track combination allow this robot to go over most terrain, yet its size makes it very maneuverable indoors. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body. It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its tracks). The kit provides you with what you need to make a compact affordable All-Terrain tracked robot.
These specifications are based on the Standard Configuration listed below. These values may change based on the options selected.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 9.1" x 6.4" x 3.1"
- Weight: 2.5lbs.
- Speed: 0.5 mph (50 feet per minute)
- Payload Capacity: Approximately 5lbs.
- Drive Method: Tracked
This is our recommended loadout for the TP-240-001 and includes everything listed below. This configuration includes everything needed to make it run! Other options, including assembly, are detailed in the Available Options section.
While we recomend the standard configuration, if you would like to customize your robot we offer many options you can choose from at the bottom of the page. The TP-240-001 kit allows for a wide range of customizations based on your needs. We offer a variety of motor controllers, RC controllers, and encoders so you can configure the robot to meet your requirements. You can find detailed specs on each part such as weight and dimensions by clicking on the component and viewing its product page. For help selecting components, read the information below.
- Motor Controllers: Choose from our selection of Sabertooth and RoboClaw motor controllers.
- RC Controllers: We offer several options for controlling your platform. If you are planning on using this robot with a microcontroller or similar device an RC controller is not necessary.
- Bottom Cover: A bottom cover comes standard in this package. You can choose to not include one if you prefer.
- Assembly: You can choose if you'd like our team to assemble the kit prior to delivery. The in-house assembly will typically add a week to delivery.
Documentation and Support:
- This item is Built to Order and usually ships in 2-5 Days.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us