The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
This item does not qualify for free shipping.
This is a configurable robot kit with selectable options at the bottom of the page. The options are pre-selected to reflect our recommended configuration but can be changed to suit your needs.
This is a 4WD robot kit that uses four of our heavy-duty 120 RPM Wheel Chair Motors and our 13" tiller tires. The wheels are mounted directly to the heavy-duty motor shaft for simplicity. High ground clearance, high payload capacity, and powerful motors make this robot a workhorse. The enclosed chassis is fabricated out of heavy-duty aluminum that has been CNC plasma cut and welded together. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body). It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its wheels and steer in place.
See our ATR page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, please contact us.
These specifications are based on the Standard Configuration listed below. These values may change based on the options selected.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 37" x 25" x 16.25"
- Weight: 166lbs
- Speed: 4.5mph (400 feet per minute)
- Payload Capacity: Approximately 150lbs
- Axle Mount: Direct Mount (DM) - Wheel axles are mounted directly onto the motor shaft
- Drive Method: Direct Drive
This is our recommended loadout for the WC-1000 DM4-E and includes everything listed below. This configuration includes everything needed to make it run! Other options, including assembly, are detailed in the Available Options section.
Read this section for help selecting options.
The WC-1000 DM4-E kit allows for a wide range of customizations based on your needs. We offer a variety of motor controllers, batteries, RC controllers, and encoders so you can configure the robot to meet your requirements. The weight of the robot will vary depending on how the robot is configured (batteries are the main cause of this). You can find detailed specs such as weight and dimensions by clicking on the component and viewing its product page.
- Batteries: We offer two types of batteries with this kit: sealed lead acid (SLA) and LiFePO4. The lead acid batteries are good batteries but heavy, do not provide any internal circuit protection, and will have a shorter life span. The LiFePO4 batteries are much lighter, have internal circuit breakers to prevent damaging themselves, and can survive more charge cycles.
- Battery Mounting Bracket: We will include the battery bracket (or multiple brackets) sized to fit your choice of batteries. Also comes with the hardware that you need to mount it.
- Battery Charger: All chargers provided are smart chargers that will change to a trickle charger once maximum voltage is reached. Note that you'll only need to select a battery charger if you are getting lead acid batteries. The LiFePO4 batteries come with their own charger.
- Motor Controller(s): Choose from our selection of RoboteQ, Sabertooth, and RoboClaw motor controllers. In most configurations, a single motor controller is all that is required. The left side motors share a channel while the right side motors share the other channel. We offer the option to double the quantity in case you require encoders on all four motors.
- Encoders: This robot can be configured with encoders used for odometry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot autonomous or semi-autonomous. If this option is selected a high resolution optical encoder is installed on the motor. If you are only using a single motor controller, select to have encoders installed on qty. 2 motors. If you select qty. 2 motor controllers, make sure to select the option to have encoders installed qty. 4 motors. See links in the documentation and support section for more information.
- RC Controllers: We offer several options for controlling your platform. All RC controllers listed are failsafe (motor controller will stop sending commands if remote is disconnected). If you are planning on using this robot with a microcontroller or similar device an RC controller is not necessary.
- Paint: We offer a durable textured truck bed liner paint for the chassis. Standard colors are black and tan. Unpainted will come with a sanded aluminum finish. For a custom paint color, please contact us.
- Assembly: Choose unassembled and we will send you all the parts so you can assemble yourself. Mechanical assembly includes mounting of the motors and the wheels. Complete assembly will include both electrical and mechanical assembly and will come ready to run out of the box. If you choose encoders and you would like us to assemble it you must select Complete Assembly with Encoders. Any of the assembly options will typically add a week to delivery time.
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
Documentation and Support:
- This item is Built to Order and usually ships in 1-3 Weeks
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week
- Need it faster? Contact us