Available Options(Selected Below)
You can customize your kit using the options listed below.
The WC-1000 DM4-E kit allows for a wide range of customizations based on your needs. We offer a variety of motor controllers, batteries, RC controllers, and encoders so you can configure the robot to meet your requirements. The weight of the robot will vary depending on how the robot is configured (batteries are the main cause of this). You can find detailed specs such as weight and dimensions by clicking on the component and viewing its product page. For help selecting components, read the information below.
- Batteries: We offer two types of batteries with this kit: Lead Acid and LiFePO4. The lead acid batteries are good batteries but heavy and do not provide any internal circuit protection. The LiFePO4 batteries are much lighter, have internal circuit breakers to prevent damaging themselves, and can survive more charge cycles.
- Battery Charger: All chargers provided are smart chargers that will change to a trickle charger once maximum voltage is reached. Only choose a battery charger if you are getting lead acid batteries. The LiFePO4 batteries come with their own charger.
- Motor Controllers: Choose from our selection of RoboteQ, Sabertooth, and RoboClaw motor controllers. In most configurations, a single motor controller is all that is required. The left side motors share a channel while the right side motors share the other channel. We offer the option to double the quantity in case you require encoders on all four motors.
- RC Controllers: We offer several options for controlling your platform. All RC controllers listed are failsafe (motor controller will stop sending commands if remote is disconnected). If you are planning on using this robot with a microcontroller or similar device an RC controller is not necessary.
- Paint: We offer a durable textured truck bed liner paint for the chassis. Unpainted will come with a sanded aluminum finish.
- Assembly: You can choose if you'd like our team to assemble the kit prior to delivery, as well as if you'd prefer our team to assemble only the mechanical components or perform a complete assembly. The in-house assembly will typically add a week to delivery.
Documentation and Support
- Assembly Manual
- CAD Drawing
- RoboteQ XDC2460 controller: Speed controller with encoder input
- Robot Speed Calculator
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
- This item is Built to Order 2-4 Weeks.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us
This is a configurable robot kit with selectable options at the bottom of the page. The options are pre-selected to reflect our recommended configuration but can be changed to suit your needs.
This is a 6WD robot kit that uses three pairs of our heavy-duty 120 RPM Wheel Chair Motors and our 13" tiller tires. The wheels are mounted directly to the motor shaft for simplicity and ease of assembly. The enclosed chassis is made from 3/16" aluminum plate. It is CNC plasma cut and then welded together making a very strong and rigid chassis. The center wheels are given a slight offset that results in low-wear, low-current steering on a dime. This robot is capable of carrying a payload in excess of 200lbs with ease.
These specifications are based on the Standard Configuration listed below. These values may change based on the options selected.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 37.0" x 25.0" x 16.3"
- Weight: 215 pounds
- Axle Mount: Direct Mount (DM) - Wheel axles are mounted directly onto the motor shaft
- Drive Method: Direct Drive
- Payload : Up to 250 pounds depending on use
- Speed: 400 feet per minute (4.5 mph)
Configurable - WC1500-DM6, 6WD All Terrain Robot Platform
- Product Code: TP-196-006
- Availability: Built to Order 2-4 Weeks
- This item does not qualify for free shipping