Note: This is an OPEN BOX Item. Actually we don't even have the box anymore, just the adaptor.
- Up to 108Mbps*
- Works with 802.11b Devices
- Great for Video Streaming
- 802.11g, 802.11b Compatible
- Increased Security with 802.1X and WPA
Now the popular D-Link Xtreme G Wireless Notebook Adapter just got faster, while maintaining adherence to the IEEE 802.11g standard.
A new free firmware upgrades D-Link 802.11g Xtreme G products to deliver the Industry's fastest performance, up to 15 times faster than 802.11b. With a maximum wireless signal rate of up to 108Mbps*, the 802.11g D-Link Xtreme G DWL-G650 with enhanced 108 delivers excellent and consistent data rate throughput.
The D-Link Xtreme G with enhanced 108 features the industry's first default 108Mbps* “Dynamic Mode” that allows clients to always operate at the highest possible speeds while automatically identifying and recognizing other D-Link Xtreme G products for highest performance capability and seamless access to the wireless network in a homogenous environment.
Extensive performance and interoperability testing using standard based methods including NetIQ's Chariot software reveals a significant increase in performance of the D-Link Xtreme G over other 802.11g based competitors.
The D-Link Xtreme G DWL-G650 802.11g wireless CardBus adapter with 108 upgrade employs five cutting-edge hardware-based compression technologies to achieve a significant boost in performance within the 2.4GHz frequency range.
- Packet Bursting: The packet bursting technique puts more data into a single transmission, allowing more raw data to be stuffed into each packet and as a result not only delivers much more data, but also executes this process with less traffic on the network. Packet bursting transforms lengthy binary code into simple equations, resulting in an overall reduction in the number of 1s and 0s being sent over the network. It is also the technique defined as one of the methods for performance improvement in the IEEE 802.11e QOS draft standard.
- Fast Frames: The fast frames technique enhances data throughput by increasing the number of bits sent per data frame and accelerating the timing of a data frame with a dynamic transmit optimizations. This technology enhances the Packet Bursting capability synergistically to provide accelerated performance results. The fast frames technique is also based on the 802.11e QOS draft standard.
- Hardware Compression and Encryption: Xtreme G uses the Atheros AR5002 chipset which employs special engines to compress and encrypt data. These hardware engines operate in real-time to enhance throughput by implementing standard algorithms and compressing data prior to transmission and after reception.
- Multi-Channel Bonding: Multi-Channel Bonding embraces two radio channels simultaneously. It collapses the available channels from 12 to 6 for increased bandwidth on the available channels. Single and double channels are not run at the same time. This technology senses single channel and dual channel frames and negotiates time-based solutions with priority on single channel processing.
- Select Mode: Select Mode gives users the option of locking the Xtreme G products into a Static mode (instead of the default Dynamic mode) for even higher performance within a complete D-Link 108Mbps* Xtreme G environment.
The D-Link Xtreme G DWL-G650 is a powerful 32-bit notebook adapter that installs quickly and easily into a notebook. Like all D-Link wireless adapters, the DWL-G650 can be used in ad-hoc mode to connect directly with other wireless cards for peer-to-peer file sharing or in infrastructure mode to connect with a wireless access point or router for access to the Internet in your office or home network.
The DWL-G650 Xtreme G wireless notebook adapter features robust security to help protect the wireless network from intruders, complying with the latest wireless networking security protocols, including WEP encryption and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) support for both 802.1x and WPA-PSK. This wireless notebook adapter is also capable of supporting the government-grade AES encryption and upcoming 802.11i standards. The DWL-G650 wireless notebook adapter also includes a configuration utility to discover available wireless networks and create and save detailed connectivity profiles for those networks most often accessed.
In addition to being the industry's fastest wireless notebook adapter solution, it includes management settings and policy-based content filtering for advanced network management. Filters can be set based on MAC address, IP address, URL and/or Domain Name.
The D-Link Xtreme G DWL-G650 wireless notebook adapter with 108Mbps* upgrade is ideal for creating a fast and affordable wireless network, delivering the industry's fastest wireless network performance. D-Link Xtreme G is also the only 802.11g solution with 108Mbps* mode that remains fully interoperable and compatible with all 2.4GHz devices, capable of creating one homogenous network environment for the multi-vendor environment.
* This 108Mbps firmware upgrade is currently available for revision B1 or later. Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate.