The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
These All Terrain Robots (ATRs) are designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. It is a smaller version of our Standard ATRs, therefore it does not have the same clearance or capacity, but performs exceptionally well. The wheel axles are mounted directly to the motor output shafts. The motors allow this robot to go over most terrain, yet its size makes it very maneuverable indoors. The kit provides you with what you need to make a great All-Terrain robot.
The robot comes with a welded aluminum chassis, wheels and hubs, which directly couple to the IG32 gear motors. Each hub/wheel is driven by a planetary gear motor delivering smooth reliable power. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body. It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its wheels). See our ATR page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us .
- Includes chassis, hardware, electronics, etc.
- Four heavy duty planetary gear motors (one per axle/wheel). (Additional motor options are available including encoders.)
- Qty 2 sets: 4 inch semi-pneumatic wheels with axles.
- Variable speed and direction differental drive/steering.
- 11.V 2200hAhr Lithium battery providing a 1-4 hours of operation depending on use (different batteries can be selected in the options below).
- Includes battery chargers.
- This robot comes complete with a motor controller (additional motor controller options are available as options).
- This Robot comes unassembled (assembly can be selected as an option).
- Specifications of this configuration:
- Axle Mount: Direct Mount (DM) - the axles are mounted directly to the motor shaft
- Speed: 232 ft/min. Different motors can be selected below to adjust the speed. Use our Robot Speed Calculator for calculating the speed with different motors.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 12" x 13.5" x 4" (wheel height).
- Weight: 7.5lbs.
- Capacity: Payload of approximately 5lbs. (If additional load capacity is desired, higher torque gear motors are available as options. The semi-pneumatic wheels will also need to be foam filled.)
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different motors, motor controllers, batteries, etc. so you can configure the robot to your exact needs. If you change to a different motor voltage, be sure you select the correct batteries and motor controllers. The weight of the robot, its capacity, speed, etc. depend on how the robot is configured. The item details of the options listed below will specify weights, sizes, etc. This robot platform is a skid steer robot (left and right wheels are slowed down, stopped or reversed to turn). Since it has to skid to steer, friction is the major contributing factor for sizing your components. The more the robot weighs, the harder to turn. The higher the friction coefficient (deep grass, carpet, etc.), the harder it is to turn. The lower RPM motors have lower speed, but more torque for easier turning. The default options listed below are what we recommend as a good starting point. Contact us if you need help selecting options or need custom configuration.
This robot can be configured with encoders used for telemetry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot semi-autonomous. Our motors use hall-effect encoders.
For help selecting the encoder options, read this blog post:
For more information, check out these blog posts:
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
Documentation and Support:
- This item is Built to Order and usually ships in 2-4 Days.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us