The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
If assembly is chosen as an option below, this item will not qualify for free shipping.
These All Terrain Robots (ATRs) are designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. The chassis is a rigid gusseted aluminum frame that is precisely fabricated using state of the art CNC equipment. The wheels are mounted on solid steel axles which are supported by ball bearings. Each axle/wheel is driven by a planetary gear motor delivering smooth reliable power. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body. It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its wheels). See our ATR page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us .
- Includes chassis, hardware, electronics, etc.
- Four heavy duty planetary gear motors (one per axle/wheel) (additional motor options are available including encoders).
- 6 inch pneumatic wheels with solid steel axles and ball bearing supports (additional wheel options are available).
- Variable speed and direction differential drive/steering.
- 24V SLA batteries and 7Ahrs of capacity providing a 2-4 hours of operation depending on use (Additional battery options are available as options).
- Includes battery chargers.
- This robot comes complete with a motor controller (additional motor controller options are available as options).
- This robot includes a Spektrum remote control to wirelessly drive the robot. (additional controller method options available as options) .
- This kit comes unassembled. Assembly can be selected as an option below.
- Specifications of this configuration:
- Drive Method: Direct drive.
- Axle Mount: Single Bearing (SB) - the axles are mounted to the motors and one sealed ball bearing.
Speed: 300 ft/min (with 190 RPM motors and 6" wheels). Different motors can be selected below to adjust the speed. Use our Robot Speed Calculator for calculating the speed with different motors.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 20.6 x 17.3 x 6 inches (wheel height).
- Weight: Approximately 26lbs.
- Capacity: Payload of approximately 15lbs. (selecting higher torque/lower RPM gear motors will allow for a higher payload).
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different motors, motor controllers, batteries, etc. so you can configure the robot to your exact needs. The weight of the robot, its capacity, speed, etc. depend on how the robot is configured. The item details of the options listed below will specify weights, sizes, etc. This robot platform is a skid steer robot (left and right wheels are slowed down, stopped or reversed to turn). Since it has to skid to steer, friction is the major contributing factor for sizing your components. The more the robot weighs, the harder to turn. The higher the friction coefficient (deep grass, carpet, etc.), the harder it is to turn. The lower RPM motors have lower speed, but more torque for easier turning. The default options listed below are what we recommend as a good starting point. Contact us if you need help selecting options or need custom configuration.
This robot can be configured with encoders used for telemetry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot semi-autonomous. Our motors use hall-effect encoders.
For more information, check out these blog posts
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
Documentation and Support:
- This item is Built to Order and usually ships in 2-5 Days.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us
The videos below show how the standard ATRs perform in a variety of situations.