The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
If assembly is chosen as an option below, this item will not qualify for free shipping.
This is a configurable robot kit with selectable options at the bottom of the page. The options are pre-selected to reflect our recommended configuration but can be changed to suit your needs.
These All Terrain Robots (ATRs) are designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. The enclosed chassis is a rigid gusseted aluminum frame that is precisely fabricated using state of the art CNC equipment. The wheels are mounted on solid steel axles which are supported by ball bearings. Each axle/wheel is driven by a planetary gear motor delivering smooth reliable power. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body. It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its wheels). See our ATR page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us .
This is the same robot chassis we use for our enclosed WiFi ATR, less the camera and WiFi components.
These specifications are based on the Standard Configuration listed below. These values may change based on the options selected.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 28" x 22" x 11"
- Weight: 42 lbs.
- Speed: 3.6 mph (320 feet per minute)
- Payload Capacity: Approximately 20 lbs.
- Axle Mount: Single Bearing (SB).
- Drive Method: Direct Drive.
This is our recommended loadout for the TP-140-042 and includes everything listed below. This configuration includes everything needed to make it run! Other options, including assembly, are detailed in the Available Options section.
While we recomend the standard configuration, if you would like to customize your robot we offer many options you can choose from at the bottom of the page. The TP-140-042 kit allows for a wide range of customizations based on your needs. We offer a variety of motor controllers, batteries, RC controllers, and encoders so you can configure the robot to meet your requirements. The weight of the robot will vary depending on how the robot is configured (batteries are the main cause of this). You can find detailed specs such as weight and dimensions by clicking on the component and viewing its product page. For help selecting components, read the information below.
- Wheels: Choose between our 6 inch or 10 inch tires. You can choose standard pneumatic or traction lug tires.
- Gear Motors: Choose from our selection of different RPM gear motors. As you go down in RPM, your payload capacity will go up but your speed will go down. As you go up in RPM, your payload capacity will go down but your speed will go up.
- Batteries: We offer two types of batteries with this kit: Lead Acid and LiFePO4. The lead acid batteries are good batteries but heavy and do not provide any internal circuit protection. The LiFePO4 batteries are much lighter, have internal circuit breakers to prevent damaging themselves, and can survive more charge cycles.
- Motor Controllers: Choose from our selection of RoboteQ, Sabertooth, and RoboClaw motor controllers. In most configurations, a single motor controller is all that is required. The left side motors share a channel while the right side motors share the other channel. We offer the option to double the quantity in case you require encoders on all four motors.
- Encoders: This robot can be configured with encoders used for odometry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot autonomous or semi-autonomous. For encoders, select motors with encoders and the appropriate motor controller and encoder hookup. Linked below in the documentation and support section are some resources that help in selecting encoder options.
- RC Controllers: We offer several options for controlling your platform. If you are planning on using this robot with a microcontroller, Wi-Fi control package, or similar device an RC controller is not necessary.
WiFi Control Package: We offer an option to control your robot with a WiFi package. If you wish to have encoder feedback, there is an option for WiFi Package with encoder input.
- Optional Accessories: You can customize your robot to have an bumpers and/or a roll cage. If you would like both front and back bumpers please select both.
- Paint: You can choose to have this robot painted if you would like. Our standard is black bedliner but we offer customized painting options as well.
- Assembly: You can choose if you'd like our team to assemble the kit prior to delivery. We offer several different assembly options. If you have selected encoders and want assembly you must select the assemble with encoders in the options section. The in-house assembly will typically add a week to delivery.
Documentation and Support:
- This item is Built to Order and usually ships in 3-7 Days.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us
The videos below demonstrates how the ATR performs in a variety of situations. The video is of our enclosed WiFi ATR, which is the same chassis, just configured for WiFi control.