The image gallery displays possible configurations of this robot.
This item does not qualify for free shipping.
This robotic platform kit allows you to customize the length and width of your chassis, making it a great choice for projects that have specific size requirements! As with our standard kits, this custom size platform allows you to build your kit from the ground up! That means you can choose the type of motors, wheels, controllers, batteries, and other components to meet your needs.
All of our robotic platforms are designed and fabricated in North Carolina, USA and are fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics.
- Motors: This kit supports IG42 Gear Motors. These motors have a variety of RPM and voltage levels for maximum customization.
- Note: The bore hole used by the wheel shaft will depend on the motor selected.
- Wheels: We currently offer standard 6"/10" pneumatic tires, 10" heavy duty traction, and 4" omni-wheels. The available options are listed below and are determined based on the motor type you select!
- Battery: We have several battery options available, including SLA (Sealed Lead Acid), Li-Ion, and LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate).
- You can select to add a customized battery mount to the chassis.
- You can choose to include a battery charging system for the battery system.
- Motor Controller: We have a wide variety of motor controllers to select from, including RoboClaw, PWM, Devantech, Sabertooth, and RoboteQ.
- You can choose to include Encoder input from the motor controller for telemetry and/or speed control.
- RC Controller: You can choose from several Spektrum and FLYSKY controllers that range from 6-8 channels.
Custom Size Chassis
Note: Pricing may vary based on the dimensions of the chassis.
The custom chassis utilizes support structures for the kits axles. The other end of the axle is supported via the gear motor. This provides a stronger attachment for the wheels and the load is put on a heavy-duty bearing and tube instead of the motor.
Your chassis length is determined based on the distance between the center of your axles. To accommodate for the motor housing, the chassis will extend 2 inches beyond this length on both sides. In other words, the total length of your chassis will be 4 inches longer than the length you provide.
Your chassis width is based on the width you provide. It does not include the width of the wheels, just the chassis. Your chassis width is impacted by the gear motors you choose, as well as if you choose to include encoders. The slower the RPM or the larger the motor, the wider the chassis has to become.
- Standard size: 22" (18" center to center) x 15" wide
- Length Minimum/Maximum Range: 18" - 24"
- Width Minimum/Maximum Range: 15" - 22"
If you don't choose a custom length or width for your kit, we will use our standard chassis dimensions. If you need Longer/Wider dimensions than listed above, additional supports and gussets will have to be added. Contact us for more information.
There is an option listed below for a chassis plate made out of .125" Aluminum. This will make your robot kit complete. Please note that the chassis plate is bent on each end, which adds .125" onto each side, or .25" total. So, for a 21" frame, the chassis plate is 21.25" long.
Encoders and selecting the best fit.
All other options are included below as a menu to build your custom robot.
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
Documentation and Support:
- This item is Built to Order and usually ships in 2-5 Days.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us