The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
If assembly is chosen as an option below, this item will not qualify for free shipping.
This mecanum wheel robot platform is designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. This robot kit includes the CNC cut 4WD base intended for our IG32 gear motors and Nexus Mecanum wheels or omni directional wheels. This kit is perfect for creation of an Autonomous robot. The chassis is a rigid gusseted aluminum frame (1/8") that is precisely fabricated using CNC equipment. Each wheel is supported by a flanged, double-sealed ball bearing for extra support. It is designed for all our planetary IG32 and IG32P gear motors with or without encoders. It is NOT intended for our right angle IG32 gear motors. This robot platform is specifically designed for direct driving with Nexus mecanum wheels and hubs (listed in the options below). This robot is a more robust version of the IG32 Mecanum Wheel Vectoring Robot. See our vectoring robot page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this Programmable robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us .
- Mecanum Vectoring Robot Platform Base - IG32 Medium Duty
- All the electrical connectors, wires, etc. and hardware needed to get you started
- Mecanum wheels and hubs (Qty 4 ea)
- IG32 12V 104RPM gear motors. (Qty 4) (different motors can be selected in the options below)
- Sabertooth 2x12A Motor Controller (Qty. 2) One per two motors
- A 12V SLA battery and 7Ahrs of capacity provides 2-4 hours of operation depending on use (Additional battery options are available as options)
- Includes battery chargers
- The total weight of this robot is 25-30lbs. depending on the configuration
- Unassembled (assembly can be selected as an option)
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different motors, motor controllers, batteries, etc. so you can configure the robot to your exact needs. The weight of the robot, its capacity, speed, etc. depend on how the robot is configured. The item details of the options listed below will specify weights, sizes, etc. The default options listed below are what we recommend as a good starting point. Contact us if you need help selecting options or need custom configuration.
This robot can be configured with encoders used for telemetry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot semi-autonomous. Our motors use hall-effect encoders.
For more information, check out these blog posts
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
Documentation and Support:
- This item usually ships within 3-7 days depending on volume
- Assembly adds a couple more days
- Need it faster? Contact us
The video below shows the mecanum wheels in action.