The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
This item does not qualify for free shipping.
This mecanum wheel robot platform is designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. This robot kit includes the CNC cut 4WD base intended for our IG52 gear motors and Nexus Mecanum wheels or omnidirectional wheels. This kit is perfect for the creation of an Autonomous robot. The chassis is a rigid gusseted aluminum frame (1/8") that is precisely fabricated using CNC equipment. Each wheel is supported by two flanged, double-sealed ball bearing for extra support and chain driven. It is designed for any of our planetary IG52 gear motors with or without encoders. This platform is also specifically designed for chain driving with Nexus mecanum wheels and hubs (listed in the options below). This robot is a vectoring version of the IG52 DB Heavy Duty ATR. See our vectoring robot page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this Programmable robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us .
- Mecanum Vectoring Robot Platform Base - IG52 DB
- All the electrical connectors, wires, etc. and hardware needed to get you started
- 8 inch Mecanum wheels and custom shaft set
IG52 24V 136RPM gear motors. (Qty. 4) (different motors can be selected in the options below)
Sabertooth 2x25A Motor Controller (Qty. 2) One per two motors
12V 18Ah SLA battery (Qty. 2) of capacity providing a 2-5 hours of operation depending on use (Additional battery options are available as options)
- Includes battery charger
- Unassembled (assembly can be selected as an option)
- Specifications of this configuration:
- Drive Method: Chain drive with a 15:21 reduction (gear motor to drive wheels).
- Axle Mount: Dual Bearing (DB) - the axles are mounted on two sealed ball bearings.
Speed: 200 ft/min (with 136 RPM motors, its 15:21 reduction, and 8" wheels). Different motors can be selected below to adjust the speed. Use our Robot Speed Calculator for calculating the speed with different motors.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 24.2 x 19.7 x 8 inches (wheel height, without batteries).
- Weight: Approximately 60lbs.
- Capacity: Payload of approximately 200 lbs. (smooth floor).
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different motors, motor controllers, batteries, etc. so you can configure the robot to your exact needs. The weight of the robot, its capacity, speed, etc. depend on how the robot is configured. The item details of the options listed below will specify weights, sizes, etc. The default options listed below are what we recommend as a good starting point. Contact us if you need help selecting options or need custom configuration.
This robot can be configured with encoders used for telemetry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot semi-autonomous. Our motors use hall-effect encoders.
For help selecting the encoder options, read this blog post:
For more information, check out these blog posts:
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
Documentation and Support
- This item is and usually ships in .
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us