The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
The MLT-JR is designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. It is a smaller version of our LT2 and HD2 tanks, but built with the same high level of quality, strength, power, etc. This is not a plastic imported robot that will disappoint you. It performs exceptionally well for its size and is intended as a small maneuverable customizable tracked robot platform.
The robot comes with a welded aluminum chassis, wheels hubs and tracks. Each track is driven by a planetary gear motor delivering smooth reliable power. The sprocket wheels are mounted directly to the motor output shaft and an idler wheel is bolted to the chassis. The tracks are molded 4 ply seamless tracks offering exceptional strength and quality. The motor and track combination allow this robot to go over most terrain, yet its size makes it very maneuverable indoors. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body. It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its tracks). The kit provides you with what you need to make a compact affordable All-Terrain tracked robot.
- Includes chassis, hardware, electronics, etc.
MLT Pair of Molded Spliceless Tracks and wheels Set.
- Qty 2: 24VDC IG32P 265RPM planetary gear motors. (Additional motors are available as options below.)
Qty 2: LiPo Battery 11.1V 2200 mAh battery providing a up to 2 hours of operation depending on use. (Different batteries can be selected in the options below.)
- Includes battery charger.
- This robot comes complete with a Sabertooth Dual 12A RC Motor Driver. (Additional motor controller options are available as options.)
- This robot includes a Spektrum DXeTransmitter with AR600 Receiver to wirelessly drive the robot. (Additional controller method options available below.)
- Dimensions: ~10.75" Wide x ~12.5" long (tip to tip) and ~4" tall (wheel/track height).
- Capacity: Handles up to 15lbs of additional payload in most terrains.
- Speed: Variable speed and direction differential drive/steering. The motors drive this robot up to 300 feet per minute (different motors can be selected below as options).
- Weight: The total weight of this configuration is ~6 lbs.
- Assembly: Unassembled (assembly can be selected as an option).
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different motors, motor controllers, batteries, etc. so you can configure the robot to your exact needs. If you change to a different motor voltage, be sure you select the correct batteries and motor controllers. The weight of the robot, its capacity, speed, etc. depend on how the robot is configured. The item details of the options listed below will specify weights, sizes, etc. This robot platform is a skid steer robot (left and right sides are slowed down, stopped or reversed to turn). Since it has to skid to steer, friction is the major contributing factor for sizing your components. The more the robot weighs, the harder to turn. The higher the friction coefficient (deep grass, carpet, etc.), the harder it is to turn. The lower RPM motors have lower speed, but more torque for easier turning. The default options listed below are what we recommend as a good starting point. Contact us if you need help selecting options or need custom configuration.
This robot can be configured with encoders used for telemetry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot semi-autonomous. Our motors use hall-effect encoders.
For help selecting the encoder options, read this blog post:
For more information, check out these blog posts:
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
Documentation and Support:
- This item is Built to Order and usually ships in 2-5 Days.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us