This a prebuilt robot assembled from the HD2 Treaded ATR Tank Robot Platform. The robot is being sold in the configuration listed below. The prebuilt robot is fully assembled, tested and is ready to run. For a customized configuration please follow the preceding link and select the options you desire on the bottom of the item page. If further customization is required, please fill out our Custom Robot Request Form. This item does not qualify for free shipping.
The HD2 is a large tracked robotic development platform designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. It has the same chassis we use in our tactical robots. It is very rugged and can carry up to 100 lbs. of additional payload depending on the motors selected. The large platform allows the robot to easily climb obstacles, ascend stairs, and drive over most terrain.
It's a tank, so we built it like one. The wheels are supported with inner and outer race sealed ball bearings (the wheels are NOT cantilevered or direct driven from the gear motor shaft). The wheels are driven with powerful IG52 gear motors a heavy duty #35 chain. The chassis is made from aircraft grade aluminum. The design uses all CNC cut parts with mortise and tenon design for precise alignment and mating of the parts. The frame is ribbed and gusseted making it very rigid. The aluminum is welded together for a solid chassis. The robot is enclosed and can be sealed to make it water tight. We have designed this robot to be as simple as possible without compromising its strength, durability, or functionality. You can get more information on the HD2 on our support page.
- Includes HD2 Chassis with hardware, chains, electronics, etc.
HD2 Pair of Tracks and Wheel Set - Generation 4
- Qty 8: HD2 Idler Rollers with bearings and shafts
- Qty 2: Front Motors: IG52-04 24VDC 285 RPM Gear Motor.
- Qty 2: Rear Motors: IG52-04 24VDC 285 RPM Gear Motor.
- Qty 2: K2 25.6V LiFePO4 Battery Pack.
- Battery chargers.
- HD2 Battery Mounts.
Sabertooth Dual 32A Motor Driver.
FLYSKY FS-i6 2.4G 6CH Transmitter & Receiver.
- Dimensions: The total length of the robot (track tip to tip) is about 39 inches. by about 9 1/2" high (tread height) and 20 inches wide. The robot is completely symmetric and invertible. There is a very large center cavity for batteries, electronics, cameras, computers, etc. The motors are half inside the tread and protrude into the center cavity. The bottom cover is flanged and all the holes are CNC cut and then hand tapped for a perfect fit and seal.
- Speed: The robot is currently geared with a 1:3 reduction (gear motor to drive wheels). The robot as configured will travel about 235ft/min with 285 RPM motors and its 1:3 reduction with 9.5" tall treads.
- Weight: The robot as configured weighs about 90lbs.
- Capacity: The robot can take a payload of about 50lbs. Skid steering is the main limiting factor with the capacity (in order to turn the tracks must skid, additional weight makes this very difficult with high traction treads).
- Assembly: This robot is fully assembled and tested.
Documentation and Support:
- This robot is fully assembled and ready to ship. Please allow 1-2 days to pack for shipment.
Contact us if you need expedited delivery.
This is a very large and heavy package. The price includes building a custom wooden shipping crate. This is a large package and will have to ship freight. We will contact you to inform you of the additional shipping costs.
This kit does not include a microcontroller, sensors, etc. Some basic control packages are listed. See our HD2-S for a complete tactical HD2 solution. See our Treaded HD2 Support Page and our ATR support page for more information.