This a prebuilt robot assembled from the RP2W Generation 7 Vectoring Telepresence Robot. The robot is being sold in the configuration listed below. The prebuilt robot is fully assembled, tested and is ready to run. For a customized configuration please follow the preceding link and select the options you desire on the bottom of the item page. If further customization is required, please fill out our Custom Robot Request Form. This item does not qualify for free shipping.
The RP2W (Remote Presence 2-Way) is a remote presence robot which people in different geographical locations to teleconference and establish a remote presence via a mobile robot. Real-time video allows for detailed viewing and audio of the surroundings while the mobile platform allows the user to move from room to room. The robot, made by SuperDroid Robots Inc., uses a Windows tablet with Skype to provide two-way audio and video while a tri-wheel base with omni wheels allows the robot to vector in any direction. The robot is controlled from a remote location using a personal computer and a gamepad controller.
The remote computer communicates with the tablet, which commands a Arduino to drive the robot, tilt the tablet, turn lights on, etc. The windows program is .NET. The Arduino program and the .NET programs are open source for those that want to add on or do their own development. The robot is fully assembled and programmed and ready to go out of the box, just install our program on a remote Windows PC.
The robot is controlled through the office/remote location using a WiFi 802.11b/g network. The tablet connect to your Wi-Fi network. Your router has to be set up to allows the remote user to port through to the robot from the internet. SuperDroid Robots RP2W control software establishes a connection to the robot so the remote user can command and control the robot as well as view and tilt the camera. If for any reason the remote connection is interrupted or broken the robot will detect the lost connection and stop driving. The robot will remain idle until the connection is re-established at which point the robot can be driven again. Connecting the robot to the office computer is simple. It is a standard tablet with Window 8 so you scan for your wireless router and connect to it. The tablet should be given a static IP address to allow the remote user or router to easily find the robot's tablet.
The base of the robot is built on a tri-wheel Omni directional base. This allows the robot to drive in any direction. If you want to go to the right, you do not need to turn right, it will just vector to the right. Of course if you prefer you can turn right too. This makes navigation extremely flexible and easy to operate. A game pad is supplied that allows you to operate all the functions of the robot easily. Or it can be driven from the screen with a mouse or touch screen.
This is a prebuilt version of our Generation 7 RP2W robot. It is already assembled and ready to ship. In this prebuilt, the tablet is charged by the robot batteries. It includes 6 IR sensors on the base for obstacle avoidance. It also includes LED lights above the tablet.
- Video Conferencing - Allows the remote user to drive the robot around the office anywhere within the Wi-Fi network.
- Mobile Robotic Platform - Eliminate expensive air travel, attend meetings using this mobile video conferencing robot. Mobile robotic platform allowing the user to drive with wireless internet connection and video conference. The robot is intended for use indoors.
This robot comes with the recommended and most popular set up.
- Platform: Standard assembled robot as pictured.
- Chassis: Enclosed vectoring tri-wheel platform.
- Camera System: Tablet with integrated camera mounted on a 150+ degree tilt system.
Batteries: Qty. 2 lead acid 12V 7.2Ahr batteries.
Motor Controllers: Qty. 3 PWM Motor Controllers.
Motors: Qty. 3 IG32P 190 RPM Gear motors.
- Tablet: Fully configured Windows 8 tablet mounted on a tilt assembly.
- Audio: Tablet speakers and microphone.
- Automatic Tablet Charging: Tablet is charged by the robot's drive batteries. You will not have to charge the tablet separately.
- IR Sensors: Qty. 6 IR sensors are mounted around the base of the robot that will allow the operator to avoid unseen obstacles on the floor.
- Lighting: LED lights for the camera for operation in the dark or colored LEDs whose color can be controlled by the operator.
Remote User Items:
- USB gamepad controller.
- Installation CD with Remote SDR custom RP2W software including instructional videos.
- Support Setting up the robot.
- Assembly: This robot is fully assembled, configured, tested, and supported by our professionally trained staff here in NC.
Note: The Remote PC for the remote user is NOT included. A standard laptop or PC with a webcam running Windows works fine.
Documentation and Support:
- This robot is built and tested and ready to ship. Please allow 3-5 days to package for shipment.
Contact us if you need expedited delivery.
- This robot will ship freight. The cost includes an enclosed custom wooden shipping crate.