The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
If assembly is chosen as an option below, this item will not qualify for free shipping.
This mecanum wheel Arduino robot platform is designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. This robot kit includes the CNC cut 4WD base intended for our IG32 gear motors and Nexus Mecanum wheels or omni directional wheels. The chassis is a rigid gusseted aluminum frame (1/8") that is precisely fabricated using state of the art CNC equipment. Each wheel is supported by a flanged, double-sealed ball bearing for extra support. It is designed for all our planetary IG32 and IG32P gear motors with or without encoders. It is NOT intended for our right angle IG32 gear motors. This robot platform is specifically designed for direct driving with Nexus mecanum wheels and hubs (listed in the options below). This robot is a more robust version of the IG32 Mecanum Wheel Vectoring Robot. See our vectoring robot page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this Programmable robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us .
This kit is perfect for creation of an Autonomous robot. We offer a wide variety of sensors to develop autonomy. We also offer a RC override option so you can control the robot with a Spektrum controller.
- Mecanum Vectoring Robot Platform Base - IG32 Medium Duty
- All the electrical connectors, wires, etc. and hardware needed to get you started
- Mecanum wheels and hubs (Qty 4 ea)
- IG32P 24V 190RPM gear motors. (Qty 4) (different motors can be selected in the options below)
- Arduino Uno Programmable Controller (Qty. 1) (Additional controllers are available as options)
- Sabertooth 2x12A Motor Controller (Qty. 2) One per two motors
- Qty. 2 12V SLA battery with 7Ahrs of capacity providing a 2-4 hours of operation depending on use (Additional battery options are available as options)
- Includes battery charger
- Unassembled (assembly can be selected as an option)
- Specifications of this configuration:
- Drive Method: Direct drive.
- Axle Mount: Single Bearing (SB) - the axles are direct driven by the motor and supported by a single ball bearing.
Speed: 200 ft/min (with 190 RPM motors and 4" wheels). Different motors can be selected below to adjust the speed. Use our Robot Speed Calculator for calculating the speed with different motors.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 19.3 x 18.4 x 4 inches (wheel height, without batteries).
- Weight: Approximately 30lbs.
- Capacity: Payload of approximately 50 lbs. (smooth floor).
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different motors, motor controllers, batteries, etc. so you can configure the robot to your exact needs. The weight of the robot, its capacity, speed, etc. depend on how the robot is configured. The item details of the options listed below will specify weights, sizes, etc. The default options listed below are what we recommend as a good starting point. Contact us if you need help selecting options or need custom configuration.
We also offer the option to control this robot with a Spektrum RC controller. If you'd like this option select one of the RC Controllers listed below and download the arduino code from the GitHub. We have posted code that will work with Sabertooth motor controllers. PWMs can also be used but the code will need to be altered slightly. To control it manually, you can drive forward/backward and vector with the right joystick while the left joystick does pivot turns.
This robot can be configured with encoders used for telemetry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot semi-autonomous. Our motors use hall-effect encoders.
For more information, check out these blog posts
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
Documentation and Support:
- This item usually ships within 3-7 days depending on volume
- Assembly adds a couple more days
- Need it faster? Contact us
The video below shows the mecanum wheels in action.