The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
The MLT-JR is designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. It is a smaller version of our LT2 and HD2 tanks but built with the same high level of quality, strength, power, etc. This is not a plastic imported robot that will disappoint you. It performs exceptionally well for its size and is intended as a small maneuverable customizable tracked robot platform.
The Arduino robot comes with a welded aluminum chassis, wheels hubs and tracks. Each track is driven by a planetary gear motor delivering smooth reliable power. The sprocket wheels are mounted directly to the motor output shaft and an idler wheel is bolted to the chassis. The tracks are molded 4 ply seamless tracks offering exceptional strength and quality. The motor and track combination allow this robot to go over most terrain, yet its size makes it very maneuverable indoors. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body. It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its tracks). The kit provides you with what you need to make a compact affordable All-Terrain tracked robot.
This programmable robot development package includes an authentic programmable Arduino controller for easy autonomous robot control. Using the top open-source platform for robot software development, our Arduino controllers provide the stability and performance desired by those experienced with designing robots. We have many programmable Arduino controllers to choose from below in the options. Please contact us if you have any questions or need some additional help or a custom configuration.
- Includes chassis, hardware, electronics, etc.
MLT Pair of Molded Spliceless Tracks and Wheels Set.
- Qty 2: IG32P 24VDC 190 RPM Gear Motors. (Additional motors are available as options below.)
- Qty 2: LiPo Battery 11.1V 2200 mAr providing a up to 3 hours of operation depending on use. (Different batteries can be selected in the options below.)
- Includes battery charger.
- This robot comes complete with a Sabertooth Dual 12A Motor Driver. (Additional motor controller options are available as options.)
Arduino Uno Programable Controller (different controllers can be selected in the options below).
- Dimensions: ~10.75" Wide x ~12.5" long (tip to tip) and ~4.75" tall (ground to top deck).
- Capacity: Handles up to 5lbs of additional payload in most terrains. (If additional load capacity is desired, higher torque gear motors are available as options for handling up to 15lbs.)
- Speed: Variable speed and direction differential drive/steering. The motors drive this robot up to 55 feet per minute (different motors can be selected below as options).
- Weight: The total weight of this configuration is ~6 lbs.
- Assembly: Unassembled (assembly can be selected as an option).
By selecting the default options below, you get a robot with an Arduino. However, just adding an Arduino to the robot will not make it autonomous. Unfortunately, there are so many different ways this can be done with all the different sensors, etc. we carry we cannot list them as options. So we have made several support pages to help you out (see Documentation and Support below). Make sure you add these sensors, etc. to your order. If you need the sensors, etc. assembled and programmed to the robot, please contact us.
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different motors, motor controllers, batteries, etc. so you can configure the robot to your exact needs. If you change to a different motor voltage, be sure you select the correct batteries and motor controllers. The weight of the robot, its capacity, speed, etc. depend on how the robot is configured. The item details of the options listed below will specify weights, sizes, etc. This robot platform is a skid steer robot (left and right sides are slowed down, stopped or reversed to turn). Since it has to skid to steer, friction is the major contributing factor for sizing your components. The more the robot weighs, the harder to turn. The higher the friction coefficient (deep grass, carpet, etc.), the harder it is to turn. The lower RPM motors have lower speed, but more torque for easier turning. The default options listed below are what we recommend as a good starting point. Contact us if you need help selecting options or need custom configuration.
Documentation and Support:
- This item is Built to Order and usually ships in 3-7 Days.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us
The automation code that is on the MLT-JR(as seen below in video one) is on our GitHub. Check it out here.