The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
These triangular omni wheel Arduino robot platforms are designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. This kit includes the CNC cut triangular base intended for our IG32 gear motors. The chassis is cut on our CNC plasma table and bent on our CNC break press. Its made of 1/8" thick Aluminum. The chassis also has mounting holes for three PWM motor controllers. It is designed so all our planetary IG32 and IG32P gear motors with or without encoders. It is NOT intended for our right angle IG32 gear motors. This robot platform is specifically designed for direct driving with Nexus omni wheels and hubs (listed in the options below). See our vectoring robot page for more details. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, send us your requirements.
This is a programmable robot that utilizes Arduino microcontroller technology, enabling you to develop an autonomous robot. This robot comes with example code so you're able to run the robot once assembled. You can also select for us to assemble it in the options below. If assembly option is selected we will assemble, wire, program, and test the robot; It will come ready to run out of the box.
- Direct Drive IG32 Triangular Omni Wheel Base.
- The robot weighs about 6.5lbs in the default configuration.
- The robot can support about 6.5lbs in the default configuration.
- All the electrical connectors, wires, etc. and hardware needed to get you started.
- 5V switching regulator board.
- Omni Wheel hubs and wheels. (Qty 3 ea)(different sytles are wheels can be selected in the options below).
- IG32 12V 104RPM gear motors. (different motors can be selected in the options below).
- PWM Motor Controller 3A 12-55V (Qty 3). One per motor.
- Arduino Uno Programable Controller (different controllers can be selected in the options below).
- LiPo Battery 11.1V 2200 mAh (different batteries can be selected in the options below).
- Battery charger.
- An upper deck. (if you don't want the upper deck, you can remove it in the options below).
- Unassembled, Manual included. Or you can select full assembly and we will assemble and test it for you and include a sample program loaded onto the Arduino.
Looking to extend the functionality of this robot? We have a comprehensive line of Arduino shields that can be added to this platform for additional functionality.
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different motors, batteries, etc. so you can configure the robot to your exact needs. The weight of the robot, its capacity, speed, etc. depends on the robot's configuration. The item details of the options listed below will specify weights, sizes, etc.
- Omni Wheels
- Drive Batteries
- Battery Chargers
- Upper Deck
- Professional Assembly
We also offer the option to control this robot with a Spektrum RC controller. If you'd like this option select one of the RC Controllers listed below and download the arduino code from the GitHub. We have posted code that will work with Sabertooth motor controllers. PWMs can also be used but the code will need to be altered slightly. To control it manually, you can drive forward/backward and vector with the right joystick while the left joystick does pivot turns.
This robot can be configured with encoders used for telemetry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot semi-autonomous. Our motors use hall-effect encoders.
For more information, check out these blog posts
We also offer the option to control this robot with a Spektrum RC controller. If you'd like this option select one of the RC Controllers listed below and download the arduino code from the GitHub. We have posted code that will work with PWM motor controllers. To control it manually, you can drive forward/backward and vector with the right joystick while the left joystick does pivot turns.
Documentation and Support:
- This item usually ships within 3-7 days depending on volume.
- Assembly adds a couple more days.
- Need it faster? Contact us