This item does not qualify for free shipping.
The RP2W (Remote Presence 2-Way) is a remote presence robot which allows professionals in different geographical locations to teleconference and establish a remote presence via a mobile robot. Real-time video allows for detailed viewing and audio of the surroundings. The robot allows mobility within the workplace. The robot, made by SuperDroid Robots Inc. has two-way video, two way-audio, optional non-contact sensors, battery voltage monitoring, 4 relay outputs for controlling up to 10A loads each, and optional encoders for tracking distance. All of this is accomplished using wireless technology. The robot is controlled from a remote location using a personal computer and a gamepad controller.
The robot is controlled through the office/remote location using a WiFi 802.11b/g network. The office router then allows the remote user to port through to the robot from the internet. SuperDroid Robots RP2W control software establishes a connection to the robot so the remote user can command and control the robot and view the camera. If for any reason the remote connection is interrupted or broken the robot will detect the lost connection and safely stop driving. The robot will automatically resume when the connection is re-established. Connecting the robot to the office network is simple, it's a standard laptop so you scan for your wireless router and connect to it. The Laptop should be given a static IP address to allow the remote user or router to easily find the robot's laptop.
- Video Conferencing - Allows the remote user to drive the robot around the office anywhere within the WiFi network.
- Mobile Robotic Platform - Eliminate expensive air travel, attend meetings using this mobile video conferencing robot. Mobile robotic platform allowing the user to drive with wireless internet connection and video conference.
- Development Platform - The open chassis design allows for easy installation of components and sensors. This makes it ideal for a development platform for autonomous control algorithms and remote precense applications.
This robot comes with the recommended and most popular set up. By changing, adding or removing features at the bottom of this page you can configure the robot to suit your needs and budget.
- Platform: Standard assembled robot as pictured.
- Chassis: Open 2WD chassis kit. Includes the upper deck kit.
- Audio/Video: 360+ degree tilt, 150+ degree tilt with USB camera mounted on a mast and PC Speakers including wiring and assembly.
- Batteries: 2 Sealed 12V batteries built into the robot. The batteries are run in parallel for longer run time.
- Charging System: A manual charging jack on the back of the robot that you manually plug into using a 12VDC charger.
- Motor Controllers: 2 PWM Motor Controllers.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Remote User Items:
- USB gamepad controller.
- Installation CD with Remote SDR custom RP2W software including instructional Videos.
- Support Setting up the robot.
- Assembly: The entire robot will be assembled, configured, tested, and supported by our professionally trained staff here in NC.
The Remote PC for the remote user is NOT included. A standard laptop or PC with a webcam works fine.
- Motors: Several different motors can be selected, see options below.
- Sensors: The front bumper and front and rear sonar sensors including wiring and assembly.
- Audio/Video: Omit the 360+ degree tilt, 150+ degree tilt with USB camera mounted on a mast and PC Speakers and replace it with the laptop camera and speakers. This option will save some cost, but remove a lot of functionality.
- Enhanced Control Board: Supports encoders for tracking the distance the robot has traveled. The standard control board will not support encoders.
- Lights: This option adds lights to the pan and tilt camera housing that can be remotely controlled for seeing in the dark.
- Computer and Charger: The laptop will come completely configured and setup. The laptop charger is a special charger that charges the laptop from the robots batteries. It is strongly recommended that this option is selected to eliminate any complications with setting up the computer to properly interface with the robot.
- Docking Station: This is a base that you back the robot into and the robot is automatically charged with a 12VDC charger.
Contact us if you would like a custom configuration of this robot.
Documentation and Support:
- This robot is built to order based on the options selected below. Please allow 3-8 weeks for shipment.
- Actual delivery may vary based on workload, contact us for a more accurate delivery time or if you need expedited delivery.
- This robot is heavy and will include an enclosed custom wooden shipping crate.