OPEN BOX SECIAL:
These 2x60s have been opened up and returned to inventory. The controllers have been tested to be 100% operational and undamaged. The controllers have been tested with serial, Analog, and RC inputs and worked. Save money and get a fully functional tested motor controller, only thing that is wrong is the box has been opened.
This sale item is sold as is. Non-returnable and non-refundable.
The Sabertooth 2X60 is one of the most versatile, efficient and easy to use dual motor drivers on the market. It is suitable for high powered robots - up to 120lbs in combat or up to 1000lbs for general purpose robotics.
Out of the box, the Sabertooth can supply two DC brushed motors with up to 60A each. Peak currents of 120A per channel are achievable for a few seconds.
Overcurrent and thermal protection means you'll never have to worry about killing the driver with accidental stalls or by hooking up too big a motor.
Sabertooth allows you to control two motors with: analog voltage, radio control, serial and packetized serial. You can build many different robots of increasing complexity for years to come with a Sabertooth. Sabertooth has independent and speed+direction operating modes, making it the ideal driver for differential drive (tank style) robots and more.
The operating mode is set with the onboard DIP switches so there are no jumpers to lose. Sabertooth features screw terminal connectors - making it possible for you to build a robot without even soldering.
Sabertooth is the first synchronous regenerative motor driver in its class. The regenerative topology means that your batteries get recharged whenever you command your robot to slow down or reverse. Sabertooth also allows you to make very fast stops and reverses - giving your robot a quick and nimble edge.
Sabertooth has a built in 5V Switch-mode BEC that can supply power for your receiver or microcontroller, as well as 3-4 standard analog servos. The lithium cutoff mode allows Sabertooth to operate safely with lithium ion and lithium polymer battery packs - the highest energy density batteries available.
Sabertooth's transistors are switched at ultrasonic speeds (24kHz) for silent operation.
Sabertooth 2X60 uses 0.8 milliohm MOSFETs in its bridge.
Using these motor drivers with cheap AC adapters is not recommended. Use a battery or at least put a battery in parallel with a DC supply.
To expand the features of Sabertooth Dual 60A motor driver you can attach a Kangaroo x2 Motion Controller to the input terminal block on the rear of the motor controller. The Kangaroo x2 adds precision position and speed control to the motor controller. The carefully tuned PID controller gives you the benefits of speed control without the need of advanced math and physics knowledge. For more information on the Kangaroo x2 click here.
- Combat robots up to 120lb
- Normal and hobby robots up to 1000lb
- Differential drive robots
- Electric vehicles, ride-on toys, scooters
- Easy speed/direction control for pumps, conveyors, automation and any application that uses two brushed DC motors
Features and Specifications:
- Current Limits: 60A continuous, 120A peak per channel.
- Voltage Limits: 6-30V nominal, 33.8V absolute maximum
- Size: 3” x 3.5” x 1.8” 76 x 89 x 46 mm
- Weight: 240g / 8.4 oz
- Input modes: Analog, R/C, simplified serial, packetized serial
- 5V 1A Switch-mode BEC output for external electronics
- Synchronous regenerative drive
- Ultra-sonic switching frequency
- Thermal and overcurrent protection
- Lithium protection mode
- The Kangaroo x2 Motion Controller is perfect for adding encoder feedback to your motor controller
- The DElink2 USB Link allows the end user to interface with the motor controller directly using Dimension Engineering's DEScribe software.
- Servo pigtails make connecting the motor controller to an R/C receiver quick and easy.
Documentation and Support:
Software and Downloads: