The image gallery displays possible configurations of this robot. See description and options below to configure your robot.
This item does not qualify for free shipping.
The SD6 includes a National Instruments CompactRIO embedded controller programmable by the LabVIEW graphical development environment for rapid prototyping and deployment. Other features included a wireless router, two front sonar sensors, rear IR sensor, Tilt IP Camera. Encoders interfaced with the new RoboteQ SDC2130, and more. All of this is preassembled both mechanically and electrically and fully tested. An optional LIDAR sensor can be selected below in the options. LabVIEW example programs for the SD6 can be downloaded from ni.com/code/robotics.
The SD6 has two rear drive wheels that are positively timed with the tracks. The wheels are direct driven and powered by IG52-04 82 RPM motors with encoders. The wheels drive on 2.5 inch tubes using ball bearings and a custom sealed system. The front wheels provide tensioning. The tracks are CNC cut to match the CNC wheels. The tracks also have internal cleats, all providing positive traction and timing.
The SD6 is powered by two 12Ahr lead acid batteries run in series. A 24V charger is included. The power is distributed to a breakout board that provides the power to all the sensors, cRIO, router, etc. The breakout board also provides easy hookup to the cRIO analog and digital IO. Also provided is a breakout board that interfaces the cRIOs RS232 module to the included RoboteQ SD2130 motor controller and interfaces the motor controller, encoders, and cRIO together. An E-Stop is provided that will stop the motor controller too.
An Axis - M1011 IP camera is mounted to the front on the camera on a tilt bracket. The IP camera and cRIO are plugged into a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH wireless router.
See the attached PDF drawing for dimensions and partlist. The robot weighs 56lbs assembled. For further details we have included our assembly and checklist procedure. The appendix provides details for the the expansion board layouts, what IO is being used by the SD6, and what is availble for further development and sensor additions. In addtion to availabe unused IO on the cRIO expansion boards, there are several IO lines brought into our SD6 expansion board for easier hookup. There is also an availble open port on the cRio that can be used to insert another IO module.
- SD6 complete chassis with a camera tilt system, tracks, wheels, IG52-04 82 RPM motors with encoders, batteries, breakout boards, cables, T-Slot frame system on lid with handles for attaching accessories, etc. (everything seen in the picture less the LIDAR, which is an option below)
- RoboteQ SD2130 motor controller.
- Axis - M1011 IP camera
- Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH wireless router.
- (2) front LV-MaxSonar-EZ1 Ultrasonic Range Finders
- rear IR sensor
- A complete NI CompactRIO system with a 180-day evaluation the NI LabVIEW graphical development environment. The CompactRIO system consists of the following components:
- NI cRIO-9076: Integrated 400 MHz Real-Time Controller and LX45 FPGA
- NI 9201: 8-Ch, ±10 V, 500 kS/s, 12-Bit Analog Input Module, C Series
- NI 9403 (779787-01): C Series 32-Ch, 5 V/TTL Bidirectional Digital I/O Module
- NI 9870: 4-Port, RS232 Serial Interface Module for CompactRIO
- Hokuyo URG-04LX-UG01 Laser: The Hokuyo URG-04LX-UG01 Scanning Laser Rangefinder is a small, affordable and accurate laser scanner that is perfect for robotic applications. The URG-04LX-UG01 is able to report ranges from 20mm to 5600mm (1mm resolution) in a 240° arc (0.36° angular resolution).
Contact us if you would like a custom configuration of this robot.
Documentation and Support:
- This robot is built to order based on the options selected below. Please allow 4-10 weeks for shipment.
- Actual delivery may vary based on workload, contact us for a more accurate delivery time.
- This item does not qualify for free shipping.
- Contact us if you need expedited delivery.
Below are some videos of the SD6 running NI LabVIEW on the embedded CompactRIO controller: