Images are of possible configurations of this robot, see options listed below for details.
This item has been replaced by TP-632-020, SCT-32-W.
This custom tracked robot is our easy to use solution for inspecting pipes, culverts, etc with a 10" inner diameter or larger. It has a full pan and tilt dome camera with 10X optical zoom mounted on the front, and an additional fixed camera on the back for reverse mode. The Treaded Waterproof Pipe and Duct Inspection Robot is controlled with a tablet and can be connected either wirelessly or/or tethered based on your selection of controls (see options below). The image from the camera is displayed in color on a 7 inch touch screen tablet display. The mobile robot (TP-632-010), is programmed and fully assembled complete with remote and charger. No additional equipment is needed to get started!
The robot has a PTZ dome camera mounted on the front, so you can see where you are going and inspect everything around the robot. The pan goes 360 degrees and the tilt is 0 to +90 degrees. The camera has a 10X optical zoom. A second fixed camera is provided that faces in the rear to check on the tether and back out of the pipe or culvert. All the camera functions are controlled from the remote as you stream the video.
The inspection robot includes the robot, tablet remote with program installed and configured. An optional tether with cable spool can be selected for easy deployment of the robot and use the hand crank to neatly wind the cable back up. LED lights are also included on the front and back of the robot to illuminate whatever the camera is facing. The lights can be remotely turned on and off using the controller.
The robot itself is extremely rugged and well-built. The tracks are molded without a splice, axle mounted and direct driven by powerful right angle 32mm gear motors. The chassis is rugged and made of aluminum. The aluminum is all cut using a CNC Plasma table for an exact fit-up and then hand-welded.
Everything is included and configured. Connect the robot and tablet (Wi-Fi or tethered), turn it on, and drive the waterproof pipe inspection robot with the tablet while watching live video streaming. The tablet program can be used to recorder the video feed or take still pictures.
As configured, it has a ground clearance of about 1.25". The width with the tracks (edge to edge) is about 8.5" and the length is about 17". The robot is equipped with 2" wide molded tracks and custom wheels. It is specifically designed to fit into pipes 10 inches ID and larger. The robot weighs about 10 pounds as configured. The robot is powered by a 22.2V 3Ahr Lithium-Ion battery (with charger provided) providing up to three hours of use on a single charge.
- Remote Inspection - Remotely inspect areas that are not easily accessible to people. Record the video feed on the tablet!
- Entry into difficult areas - This tracked robot is very quick and has the ability to traverse many obstacles that often stop other robots.
- Pipe and Culvert Inspection - Compact and lightweight to easily fit down pipes, ducts, culverts, etc. as you control this robot from the supplied remote
This robot comes with the recommended and most popular set up. If you need it customized, let us know and we will be happy to provide a quote.
- Speed: 90 feet/sec
- Runtime: Up to three hours
Camera System: PTZ dome camera 10X optical zoom.
- Audio: None
- Interface: Custom Tablet Controller. A 500 foot cable spool with rotary union is also included for easy deployment and winding of outdoor rated cable. (other control options can be selected below).
- Robot Weight: 10lbs as configured
- Dimension: 8.5" wide x 17" long x 6.5" high. Designed to go into 10 inch ID pipes or larger.
Documentation and Support:
- This robot is built to order based on the options selected below. Please allow 4-8 weeks for shipment.
- Actual delivery may vary based on workload, contact us for a more accurate delivery time.
- Note that if Assembly is selected, this order does not qualify for free shipping.
Contact us if you need expedited delivery.
We offer three control methods for this robot: Wi-Fi only, Wi-Fi and Tethered with 250ft Ethernet Cable, Wi-Fi and tethered with 250ft Ethernet Spool, and tethered only with 500ft Ethernet Spool. All include the tablet, which is used as the controller and video display. Wireless is good for more open areas in which there will not be much obstruction between the tablet and the robot. Tethered IP comes with a 250 foot spool or 250ft ethernet cable. The tethered RS-485 control package comes with a 500 foot spool. We use high quality outdoor rated Tethers with waterproof connectors.
- Wi-Fi Control System: For use in open areas and short distances into obstructed areas. Wi-Fi will not typically work well underground, in pipes, etc. where the wireless signal is degraded or blocked.
Wi-Fi and Tethered System with 250ft Ethernet Cable: When the signal is too weak for wireless, plug in the supplied 250ft Ethernet cable to switch to tethered mode. We use high quality outdoor rated cable with waterproof connectors. With this option, the cable is not on a spool. Shorter lengths of the cable can be made. Contact us if you need a custom cable length.
- Wi-Fi and Tethered System with 250ft Ethernet Spool: This is the same as the previous option except the cable comes on a spool. The spool allows easy deployment and retraction of the Ethernet cable.
Tethered System with 500ft Cable Spool: For those that know wireless will not work for your application and need to go up to 500ft, this is the best option. The robot will only operate when the tether is connected between the tablet and the robot. If you need a shorter cable, please contact us.
- Encoder Option: This option allows you to keep track of the distance the robot has traveled and displays the information on the tablet controller. This is great for keeping track of where you are when you see something of note with the inspection camera. The distance is measured by keeping track of the pulses from each motor rotation.
- Custom Paint Option: The robot comes standard painted SuperDroid Blue. If you would like a different color select the custom color and we will contact you for the paint color code.