SuperDroid Robots is an authorized partner with ST Robotics. Please submit your order as a quotation request using our online cart. (For help using our online cart for a quotation request click here). We will contact you with the best possible price and delivery time.
ST Robotics provides robotic arms that are affordable, easy to set up and use, and easily programmed by any individual regardless of experience. SuperDroid Robots is a proud Strategic Partner with ST Robotics. We can provide the robotic arm as-is, integrate into one of our standard robot platforms, or integrate it into a custom robotic solution. Contact us to discuss any of these options.
The R12-500 is a complete self-contained five (optional six) axis vertically articulated robot arm system designed as a cost effective solution for bench top automation. Applications include testing, sample handling, and machine feeding. The end of the wrist is a mounting plate to which one of a selection of low cost grippers can be mounted.
R12 is a very low cost entry to robotics, fast, accurate and reliable and easy to program yet capable of complex tasks. It has a useful 500mm reach and uses high efficiency digital motors driving through steel reinforced polyurethane timing belts. Optional incremental optical encoders provide exceptional integrity as well as safety (see below).
Do not let the low cost mislead you - this is not a hobby robot. It is a professional tool made to industrial standards of quality, reliability and performance, machined from solid alloy and finished with aesthetic acrylic covers. The system is supplied complete with controller, all cables, connectors, software, comprehensive manuals, ready to unpack and use immediately.
The R12 package includes the K11 controller that is simple and reliable using a partnership of CPU and DSP micro-processors and compact micro-stepping drives. ROBOFORTH II embedded software gets you started easily yet permits the most complex motions, interfaces and peripherals to be programmed, assisted by ROBWIN project manager that brings everything together on one Windows screen.
- 500mm reach 5-axis articulated format, optional 6th axis.
- Easy mounting of tools, grippers, sensors etc.
- Fully enclosed; pneumatics and wiring go through the arm, not strapped to the outside.
- Optional incremental encoder watchdogs.
- Simple intuitive teach pad.
- Cartesian and individual joint control modes.
- User friendly software, English language commands.
- Input/output interfacing.
- Non-volatile memory.
- Supplied ready to run -- robot, controller, all cables, Windows GUI project manager, teach pad.
- Optional pneumatic or electric grippers, vacuum pickup, tool changers.
- On-screen manuals.
- Optional linear track, I/O expansion, bluetooth teachpad, TCP/IP.
note: repeatability measured as a standard deviation of all 3 dimensions at 100% speed and zero payload over 24 hours after a 1 hour warming up period. Figures for ISO 9283 available on request.
- Drives: High power micro-stepped hybrid stepping motors,
optional encoder watchdogs.
- Reach: 500mm/20ins in any direction; 360 degree waist rotation.
- Repeatability: 0.1mm (see note).
- Payload: nominal 500g, max 1Kg.
- Droop at 250mm at nominal payload: 0.4mm
- Droop at max reach with max payload: 2.3mm
- Maximum speed:
- Waist: 220 deg/sec
- Shoulder: 200 deg/sec
- Elbow: 500deg/sec
- Wrist Tilt: 600deg/sec
- Wrist Rotation: 600 deg/sec
- Max linear speed: approx 800mm/s
- Standard Cycle 2s
- Max torque for pitch or roll: 1 Nm (repeatability figures degrade with increasing torque).
- Robot: 12.8Kg/28lbs
- Controller: 11kg/24lbs
- Power Requirement: 110/240v ac 420VA (standard controller).
- Environment: IP 54A, 0 - 40C (wider range optional).
- MTBF: 15,000 hours (typically over a million cycles).
- Safety: Class 2 stop circuit, stall detect, risk assessment guide. Optional high intensity red LEDs along the arm serve as awareness barrier.
- Noise: Approx 40-50dB at 1m.
- Degrees of Freedom: 5-Axis or 6-Axis R12 Arm.
- Encoder Feedback: Without encoders the R12 will run accurately and indefinitely open loop without error thanks to micro-stepping drives and accurate transmission. But if the robot suffers a collision then the controller does not know and carries on with the program even though the robot could be out of position. Such collisions usually only occur accidentally during programming and rarely during normal running. It is necessary to run the calibrate routine after such a collision. With the encoder option the controller notices the discrepancy immediately, stops the robot and announces an error.
- End Effectors:
- E1 Electric fulcrum gripper
- E2 Electric fulcrum gripper (attach custom fingers)
- EG12 Electric parallel gripper (attach custom fingers)
- Pneumatic gripper (attach custom fingers)
- Vacuum pickup
- Tool change: The TC12 automatic tool changer is entirely passive requiring no wiring or pneumatics to operate. However it has pass-thrus for electrics and pneumatics. It can pick up a pneumatic gripper or vacuum pickup, electric gripper or connect to any electric/electronic device for example a USB device.
Comes with tool rack to hold end effectors.
- Buetooth Teachpad The Bluetooth teach console is a 7 inch tablet running Android, currently Asus Memopad or Amazon Fire. It provides the ability to teach the robot close up without the cable required for the simple teach pad. It also provides many more functions that make it easier to position the gripper or tool.
- LED Awareness Lighting Red LED lighting along multiple axes.
Contact us to discuss these options.
Documentation and Support:
- This item does not qualify for free shipping.
- Upon ordering the robotic arm, shipping will be calculated and added after checkout.
- The arm will be drop shipped from ST Robotics.
- The arm ships in special transport cases. The cost of the transport cases will be added after checkout but is fully refundable if returned.
- Please allow 2-6 weeks for delivery. Contact us if you need it sooner.