OPEN BOX SECIAL:
These 10A Regenerative drivers have been opened up and returned to inventory. The controllers have been tested to be 100% operational and undamaged. The controllers have been tested with serial, Analog, and RC inputs and worked. Save money and get a fully functional tested motor controller, only thing that is wrong is the box has been opened.
This sale item is sold as is. Non-returnable and non-refundable.
The SyRen motor driver is one of the most versatile, efficient and easy to use motor drivers on the market. It is suitable for medium powered robots - up to 30lbs in combat or 100lbs for general purpose robotics.
Out of the box, the SyRen 10 can supply a single DC brushed motor with up to 10A continuously. Peak currents of 15A are achievable for a few seconds.
Overcurrent and thermal protection means you'll never have to worry about killing the driver with accidental stalls or by hooking up too big a motor.
With just one SyRen driver you can control a motor with: analog voltage, radio control, serial and packetized serial. You can build many different robots of increasing complexity for years to come with a SyRen.
The operating mode is set with the onboard DIP switches so there are no jumpers to lose. The SyRen features screw terminal connectors - making it possible for you to build a robot without even soldering.
SyRen is the first synchronous regenerative motor driver in its class. The regenerative topology means that your batteries get recharged whenever you command your robot to slow down or reverse. SyRen also allows you to make very fast stops and reverses - giving your robot a quick and nimble edge.
SyRen has a built in 5V BEC that can provide power to a microcontroller or R/C receiver. The lithium cutoff mode allows SyRen to operate safely with lithium ion and lithium polymer battery packs - the highest energy density batteries available.
SyRen's transistors are switched at ultrasonic speeds (32kHz).
Use of the motor drivers with cheap AC adapters is not recommended. Use a battery or at least put a battery in parallel with a DC supply.
Servo pigtails are available here.
To expand the features of SyRen 10A Regenerative Motor Driver you can attach a Kangaroo x2 Motion Controller to the input terminal block on the rear of the motor controller. The Kangaroo x2 adds precision position and speed control to the motor controller. The carefully tuned PID controller gives you the benefits of speed control without the need of advanced math and physics knowledge. For more information on the Kangaroo x2 click here.
- Combat robots up to 30lb
- Normal and hobby robots up to 100lb
- Differential drive robots
- Electric vehicles, ride-on toys, scooters
- Easy speed/direction control for pumps, conveyors, automation and any application that uses a brushed DC motor
Features and Specifications:
- Voltage Limits: 6-24V nominal, 30V absolute max
- Current Limits: 10A continuous, 15A peak.
- Size: 1.4” x 2.25” x .55” (35 x 57 x 14 mm)
- Weight: 26g / 0.9oz
- Input modes: Analog, R/C, simplified serial, packetized serial
- Synchronous regenerative drive
- Ultra-sonic switching frequency
- Thermal and overcurrent protection
- Lithium protection mode
- The Kangaroo x2 Motion Controller is perfect for adding encoder feedback to your motor controller
- The DElink2 USB Link allows the end user to interface with the motor controller directly using Dimension Engineering's DEScribe software.
- Servo pigtails make connecting the motor controller to an R/C receiver quick and easy.
Customer contributed projects:
Documentation and Support:
Software and Downloads: