The image gallery displays possible configurations of this robot. See configuration options below
The VIPR-D (Versatile Indoor Platform Robot - Development) is an inexpensive development Autonomous Mobile Robot (AMR) built by SuperDroid Robots. Designed for developing your indoor applications, the VIPR-D is great for starting your proof of concept and designs and then migrating to our VIPR and VIPR-L products.
The VIPR has a variety of sensors, each with its own purpose. The Intertial Measurement Unit (IMU) assists with navigation and mapping. Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) provides information and data on the VIPR's surroundings. Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM) helps create a map of that data for the robot to use.
LIDAR, IMU, and other sensors collect a constant stream of data which is then sent to a ROS environment in an NVIDIA® Jetson for processing. The Jetson serves as the brain of the VIPR, using the information to make real-time decisions. This is what allows the VIPR to identify objects, avoid obstacles, and determine an ideal path.
This robot accepts commands such as waypoints through the same software API as the VIPR and VIPR-L. This allows for the development of high-level software such as warehouse management systems at a fraction of the cost of our higher-end VIPR and VIPR-L models. Once customer software has been developed, migration to the other VIPR models will be easier since it uses the same software API.
The VIPR-D can operate on indoor surfaces with thresholds/transitions up to 1/8".
- Robust and Intuitive Software Package: The VIPR-D comes with custom Web GUI software that is accessible from a properly configured web browser. This allows waypoints and paths to be added, saved, and loaded in your environment. SuperDroids also provides the software API to access the command and status messages directly to create your own software to control the robot. This allows for much of the complexities of autonomous control to be removed for the end-user, and the end-user can treat the robot more as a "black box".
- SLAM: Using our software package, the robot is able to initiate the use of SLAM (Simultaneous Localization And Mapping) to map out your environment. This map is then saved for future use on the robot to be used for waypoint placement using our custom software interface.
- Dynamic Pathing: The VIPR is capable of creating an optimal path to its destination in both known and unknown areas. It accomplishes this with a suite of LIDAR, IMU, and encoder sensors. These sensors help position the robot and see changes in its surroundings.
- Obstacle Avoidance: The LIDAR populates the cost maps and point clouds of the navigation system to detect and avoid obstacles in real-time.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 15.5 x 12.8 x 7.5 inches
- Weight: 18 pounds
- Load Capacity: 10 pounds
- Speed: up to 2.2 mph (190 feet per minute)
Internal components are subject to change.
- Extended LIDAR Range: The VIPR's standard LIDAR system helps detect up to 10 meters away from the platform. With the upgraded LIDAR system, the VIPR can 'see' twice as far, improving its ability to react to changes around it!
- Additional Custom Features: Need your VIPR loaded out with special equipment? Have a specific feature you want to be added? Let us know and we'll work with you to make it happen!
- Autonomous Development: The VIPR-D is also available for customers that want to directly access the ROS Melodic environment. The versatility of ROS is perfect for developing your own autonomous robotic algorithms or adding/editing ROS community packages. Mention this in the custom feature details and we can remove SuperDroids custom API and WebGUI and give you full access to the internals.
- This item is Built to Order and usually ships in 10-16 weeks.
- Need it faster? Contact us