The image gallery displays robots built using this platform.
This item does not qualify for free shipping.
12/4/19: This robot now comes with the smaller and more efficient LST11P motors. The LST10 motors have been discontinued.
This is a 4WD robot kit that uses four of our heavy-duty 120 RPM Wheel Chair Motors and our 13" tiller tires. The wheels are mounted directly to the heavy-duty motor shaft for simplicity and ease of assembly. The chassis is made of 2" x 3" aluminum tubing (1/4" wall) and CNC plasma cut 3/16" aluminum plate welded together. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body). It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its wheels and "pivot turn" in place.
See our ATR page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us .
This is a complete package that includes everything listed below. The package includes everything needed to make it run! The components and specifications are listed below for the default configuration. Other options, including assembly, using are available at the bottom of the page.
- Includes the chassis, hardware, and wiring kits.
- Four powerful 120 RPM Wheel Chair Motors.
- Qty. 2 13 inch direct drive wheel and shaft set
- Qty. 4 12V 35Ah batteries providing 1-3 hours of operation depending on use.
- Includes battery charger.
- Three available motor controller options..
- Other Electronics Components:
- This kit comes unassembled. As an option below you can select mechanical or full assembly.
- Specifications of this configuration:
- Drive Method: Direct Drive.
- Axle Mount: Direct Mount (DM) - the axles are mounted directly to the motor shaft.
- Speed: ~5 mph (120 RPM motors and 13" wheels).
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 36.5 x 28.9 x 18.4 inches.
- Weight: Approximately 150lbs.
- Capacity: Payload of approximately 250lbs.
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different motors, motor controllers, batteries, etc. so you can configure the robot to your exact needs. The weight of the robot, its capacity, etc. depend on how the robot is configured. The item details of the options listed below will specify weights, sizes, etc. This robot platform is a skid steer robot (left and right wheels are slowed down, stopped or reversed to turn). Since it has to skid to steer, friction is the major contributing factor for sizing your components. The more the robot weighs, the harder to turn. The higher the friction coefficient (deep grass, carpet, etc.), the harder it is to turn. The lower RPM motors have lower speed, but more torque for easier turning. The default options listed below are what we recommend as a good starting point.
This robot can be configured with encoders used for telemetry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot semi-autonomous. Our motors use hall-effect encoders.
For help selecting the encoder options, read this blog post:
For more information, check out these blog posts:
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
Documentation and Support:
Click here to view the manual for this robot.
Click here to view a CAD drawing of this robot.
Click here to view an electrical schematic of this robot.
- A complete manual is provided for assembly at the time of purchase.
- This item is Built to Order and usually ships in 1-3 Weeks.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us