Prebuilt MLT-JR Wireless Tracked Development Robot
- Includes chassis, hardware, electronics, etc.
- MLT Pair of Molded Spliceless Tracks and Wheels Set.
- Qty 2: IG32P 24VDC 265 RPM Gear Motors.
- Qty 2: LiPo Battery 11.1V 2200 mAr providing a up to 3 hours of operation depending on use. (LiPo batteries do not have low voltage protection circuits. Consult LiPo product page for important information).
- Includes battery charger.
- This robot comes complete with a Sabertooth Dual 12A Motor Driver.
- Arduino Uno Programable Controller
- Wireless Logitech Gamepad F710
- Dimensions: ~10.75" Wide x ~12.5" long (tip to tip) and ~4.75" tall (ground to top deck).
- Capacity: Handles up to 5lbs of additional payload in most terrains.
- Speed: Variable speed and direction differential drive/steering. The motors drive this robot up to 55 feet per minute.
- Weight: The total weight of this configuration is ~6 lbs.
- Assembly: This unit is pre-assembled and ready to ship.
Documentation and Support
- MLT-JR Assembly Manual
- MLT-JR Support Page
- How to Build a Robot - Support and Videos
- Example Arduino Code
- Autonomous Robot Building Support Page (recommended accessories, etc overview for everything you may need to get your robot running autonomously)
- Programmable Controller Support
- Sensor Support
- Encoder Support
- Click here to view a CAD drawing of this robot
- This item is Discontinued.
- Need it faster? Contact us
The automation code that is on the MLT-JR(as seen below in video one) is on our GitHub. Check it out here.
The MLT-JR is designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. It is a smaller version of our LT2 and HD2 tanks but built with the same high level of quality, strength, power, etc. This is not a plastic imported robot that will disappoint you. It performs exceptionally well for its size and is intended as a small maneuverable customizable tracked robot platform.
The Arduino robot comes with a welded aluminum chassis, wheels hubs and tracks. Each track is driven by a planetary gear motor delivering smooth reliable power. The sprocket wheels are mounted directly to the motor output shaft and an idler wheel is bolted to the chassis. The tracks are molded 4 ply seamless tracks offering exceptional strength and quality. The motor and track combination allow this robot to go over most terrain, yet its size makes it very maneuverable indoors. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body. It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its tracks).
This robot is controlled by a wireless usb controller which allows for an effective range of 50 feet.
This programmable robot development package includes an authentic programmable Arduino controller for easy autonomous robot control. Using the top open-source platform for robot software development, our Arduino controllers provide the stability and performance desired by those experienced with designing robots. Please contact us if you have any questions.