Configurable - IG42-DB4, 4WD All Terrain Heavy Duty Robot Platform
These specifications are based on the Standard Configuration listed below. These values may change based on the options selected.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 19.1" x 17.2" x 10.0"
- Weight: 29 pounds
- Axle Mount: Double Bearing (DB) - Axles are mounted directly onto the motor shaft and supported by a single bearing
- Drive Method: Chain drive with a 10:15 reduction
- Speed and Payload Chart: 4WD IG42-DB Robots
- With default selected options: 20 to 25 pounds depending on use
- Payload range with available options: 15 to 100 pounds
- With default selected options: 415 feet per minute (4.7 mph)
- Top speed range with available options: 81 to 587 feet per minute
This is our recommended configuration and includes everything listed below. This configuration includes everything needed to make it run! Other options, including assembly, are detailed in the Available Options section.
- The standard configuration comes unassembled.
- Includes the chassis, hardware, and wiring kits.
- Gear Motors: Four (4) IG42 240 RPM Gear Motors (one per axle/wheel).
- Wheels: Two (2) pair of 10 inch pneumatic wheels.
- Battery System: Two (2) Interstate 12V 8 Ah Lead Acid Battery providing 1-3 hours of operation depending on use.
- Motor Controller(s): One (1) Sabertooth Dual 12A Motor Driver.
- Control System: One (1) FLYSKY FS-i6 2.4Ghz 6Ch transmitter and receiver.
While we recommend the standard configuration, if you would like to customize your robot we offer many options you can choose from at the bottom of the page. The TP-170-042 kit allows for a wide range of customizations based on your needs. We offer a variety of motor controllers, batteries, RC controllers, and encoders so you can configure the robot to meet your requirements. The weight of the robot will vary depending on how the robot is configured (batteries are the main cause of this). You can find detailed specs such as weight and dimensions by clicking on the component and viewing its product page. For help selecting components, read the information below.
- Wheels: Choose from our selection of wheels. You can choose from our standard grip pneumatic tires or if more traction is required you can choose our rugged all terrain traction lug tires.
- Gear Motors: Choose from our selection of different RPM gear motors. As you go down in RPM, your payload capacity will go up but your speed will go down. As you go up in RPM, your payload capacity will go down but your speed will go up.
- Batteries: We offer a few different battery options but there are two types of batteries that we recommend using with this kit: Lead Acid and LiFePO4. The lead acid batteries are much less expensive but are heavier, do not provide any internal circuit protection, and can survive anywhere from about 200-1000 charge cycles. The LiFePO4 batteries are more expensive but are much lighter, have internal circuit breakers to prevent damaging themselves, and can survive about 1000-3000 charge cycles. The charge cycle estimates are based on the recommended depth of discharge for each battery cycle. A lead acid battery is only recommended to be discharged to about 50% of it's capacity while a LiFePO4 battery can be discharged to 100% with no long term affects.
- Motor Controllers: Choose from our selection of RoboteQ, Sabertooth, and RoboClaw motor controllers. In most configurations, a single motor controller is all that is required. The left side motors share a channel while the right side motors share the other channel. We offer the option to double the quantity in case you require encoders on all four motors.
- Encoders: This robot can be configured with encoders used for odometry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot autonomous or semi-autonomous. For encoders, select motors with encoders and the appropriate motor controller and encoder hookup. Linked below in the documentation and support section are some resources that help in selecting encoder options.
- RC Controllers: We offer several options for controlling your platform. If you are planning on using this robot with a microcontroller, Wi-Fi control package, or similar device an RC controller is not necessary.
- Optional Accessories: You can customize your robot to have an bumpers and/or a roll cage. If you would like both front and back bumpers please select both.
- Paint: You can choose to have this robot painted if you would like. Our standard is black bedliner but we offer customized painting options as well.
- Assembly: You can choose if you'd like our team to assemble the kit prior to delivery. If you have selected encoders and want assembly you must select the assembly with encoders. The in-house assembly will typically add a week to the delivery time.
- Click here to view a CAD drawing of this robot (Pg. 1 - 6in wheels, Pg. 2- 10in wheels).
- Click here to view the assembly manual for this robot.
- How to Build a Robot - Support and Videos
- Choosing encoder options for Robot Kits
- RoboteQ XDC2460 controller: Speed controller with encoder input
- Encoder CPR
- Encoder Support Overview
- This item is Built to Order 2-5 Days.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us
These All Terrain Robots (ATRs) are designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. The chassis is a rigid gusseted aluminum frame that is precisely fabricated using state of the art CNC equipment. The wheels are mounted on solid steel axles which are supported by two sealed ball bearings. Each axle/wheel is driven by a planetary gear motor through a chain and sprocket drive, delivering smooth reliable power. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body. It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its wheels). See our ATR page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us.
This is a configurable robot kit with selectable options at the bottom of the page. The options are pre-selected to reflect our recommended configuration but can be changed to suit your needs.
Configurable - IG42-DB4, 4WD All Terrain Heavy Duty Robot Platform
- Product Code: TP-170-042
- Brand: SuperDroid Robots
- Availability: Built to Order 2-5 Days
- This item does not qualify for free shipping
Available Options( Collapse All )
- Welded Aluminum Heavy Duty 4WD Robot Chassis - IG42 DB
- IG42-DB4 Heavy Duty Chain and Sprocket Kit
- Assorted Roll Pin Kit
- (Qty 4) Motor Spacer Plate - IG42
- M4 Steel Mounting Screw, 12mm Length, Pan Head, Phillips Drive (Pack of 16)
- Manual linked on Item Page
- (Qty 16) #8 Washers