- Combat robots up to 30lb
- Differential drive robots
- Radio controlled tanks, cars and boats
- Roving cyborg bobcats
Features and Specifications
- Voltage Limits: 6V to 25V (2s to s lithium)
- Current Limits: 12A continuous, 25A peak per channel.
- Size: 2.3” x 3” x .7” ; 59 x 75 x 17 mm
- Weight: 60g / 2.1oz
- Input Mode: RC
- 1 Amp Switching BEC allows you to power your receiver and multiple servos
- Acceleration Ramping
- Synchronous regenerative drive
- Ultra-sonic switching frequency
- Thermal and over-current protection
- Lithium protection mode
Documentation and Support
Sabertooth 2X12 R/C is a dual motor driver specifically optimized for use in radio controlled vehicles. It is suitable for medium powered robots, cars and boats.
Out of the box, it can supply two DC brushed motors with up to 12A each. Peak currents of 25A are achievable for a few seconds. Over-current and thermal protection means you'll never have to worry about killing the driver with accidental stalls or by hooking up too big a motor.
This special R/C edition of our motor driver comes with options for exponential control, auto-calibration and built-in mixing. The operating mode is set with the onboard DIP switches so there are no jumpers to lose.
Sabertooth is the first synchronous regenerative motor driver in its class. The regenerative topology means that your batteries get recharged whenever you command your robot to slow down or reverse. Sabertooth also allows you to make very fast stops and reverses - giving your vehicle a quick and nimble edge.
Sabertooth has a built in 5V Switching BEC that can provide power to a microcontroller or R/C receiver and a servo or two. The lithium cutoff mode allows Sabertooth to operate safely with lithium ion and lithium polymer battery packs - the highest energy density batteries available.
Sabertooth's transistors are switched at ultrasonic speeds (32kHz) for silent operation.
Use of our motor drivers with cheap AC adapters is not recommended. Use a battery or at least put a battery in parallel with a DC supply.
Need to control a weapon too? BattleSwitch can help.
Sabertooth Dual 12A RC Motor Driver
- Brand: Dimension Engineering
- Product Code: TE-115-212
- MPN: 2X12 R/C
- Availability: Currently 6 available. Limit 6 per customer Contact us for higher quantities.