Features and Specifications
- PCB size: 1.22" x 1.95"
- Servo ports: 8
- Resolution: 0.5 µs (about 0.05°)
- Range: 250-2750 µs
- Logic supply voltage: 5-16 V
- Data voltage: 0 and 5 V
- Pulse rate: 50 Hz
- Serial baud rate: 1200-38400 (automatically detected)
Documentation and Support
Pololu Serial Transmitter utility for Windows (Printable PDF: pololu_serial_transmitter.pdf) A simple serial transmitter utility for Windows that lets you transmit sequences of bytes at a selectable baud rate to a selectable COM port. This program can be conveniently used to send commands to our serially controllable devices.
- Serial 8-servo controller user's guide (388k pdf)
- Using the Pololu Servo Controller with the BASIC Stamp 2 (59k pdf)
- Tutorial: Using the Pololu Servo Controller in .NET Customer Colin Karpfinger has written a tutorial complete with sample C# program that demonstrates how to interface with Pololu servo controllers using .NET.
- Automated Weapons Turret - ColinKarpfinger.com Colin Karpfinger's entry in the Defcon Bots competition, "The First Law", using the Pololu Serial 8-Servo Controller.
- iRobot Create Personal Home Robot A Robot by Danh Trinh using our 8-Servo Controller, the iRobot Create platform and a Mini-ITX computer system.
The Pololu serial 8-servo controller allows you to control up to eight RC servos with almost any robot controller or computer. The interface to the servo controller is a standard RS-232 serial port or a TTL-level serial line, using any baud rate between 1200 and 38400 baud. Multiple 8-servo controllers can be connected to a single serial line to control up to 128 servos independently. The servo controller is compatible with all of our serial motor controllers and servo controllers. The servo controller is also compatible with the Scott Edwards MiniSSC II servo controller and any software written for it.
All of the ports are conveniently labeled on the back of the PCB. This servo controller can be reset directly from a serial port using the DTR or RTS handshaking lines. Other unique features include individual servo speed and range control. Three diagnostic LEDs get you up and running quickly.
You can purchase the servo controller as a partial kit that requires soldering of the through-hole components (header pins and DB9 connector) or as a completely assembled unit. The Pololu serial 8-servo controller is not a standalone device: to use it, you must connect it to power supplies, servos, and a main controller that you program to send commands to the servo controller.
Pololu Serial 8-Servo Controller (assembled)
- Brand: Pololu
- Product Code: TE-159-000
- MPN: 727
- Availability: 2 In stock