Sabertooth Dual 32A Motor Driver - OPEN BOX - DISCONTINUED
- Combat robots up to 100lb
- Normal and hobby robots up to 300lb
- Differential drive robots
- Electric vehicles, ride-on toys, scooters
- Easy speed/direction control for pumps, conveyors, automation and any application that uses two brushed DC motors
Features and Specifications
- Voltage Limits: 6-30V nominal, 33.6V absolute maximum
- Current Limits: 32A continuous, 64A peak per channel
- Size: 2.75" x 3.5" x 1.0" (70 x 90 x 25 mm)
- Weight: 4.4oz (125g)
- Input modes: analog, R/C, serial (plain text or packetized), USB
- Synchronous regenerative drive
- Ultrasonic 30 kHz switching frequency
- Thermal and over-current protection
- Battery protection mode
- USB control and monitoring
- USB serial converter mode for Kangaroo x2
- Configurable current limiting
- Custom user modes
- 12-bit motor outputs
- Power outputs can act as voltage clamps, brakes, or be controllable
Available Options(Selected Below)
- The Kangaroo x2 Motion Controller is perfect for adding encoder feedback to your motor controller
- The DElink2 USB Link allows the end user to interface with the motor controller directly using Dimension Engineering's DEScribe software.
- A micro USB cable allows you to directly connect to the motor controller (DE-Link is required for the Kangaroo).
- Servo pigtails make connecting the motor controller to an R/C receiver quick and easy.
The Sabertooth 2x32 is a dual channel motor driver capable of supplying 32 amps to two motors, with peak currents up to 64 amps per motor. It can be operated from radio control, analog, TTL serial or USB inputs. It uses regenerative drive and braking for efficient operation. A variety of operating modes including tank style mixing and automatic calibration allow most projects to work immediately out of the box.
In addition to the standard operating modes, Sabertooth 2x32 features additional signal inputs and power outputs, as well as enhanced configuration options.
User-defined operating modes allow for custom operation, such as switching between radio control and computer-driven inputs on the fly, emergency stops or front panel control overrides.
The auxiliary power outputs can be configured to allow the Sabertooth 2x32 to operate from a power supply without a parallel battery, or automatic control of electromagnetic brakes.
When combined with the Kangaroo x2 motion control module, the Sabertooth 2x32 can be used for closed-loop position or speed control with encoder or analog feedback. The Kangaroo x2 adds precision position and speed control to the motor controller. The carefully tuned PID controller gives you the benefits of speed control without the need of advanced math and physics knowledge. For more information on the Kangaroo x2 click here.
Sabertooth has a built in 5V BEC that can provide power to a microcontroller or R/C receiver. The lithium cutoff mode allows Sabertooth to operate safely with lithium ion and lithium polymer battery packs - the highest energy density batteries available.
The state of the driver can be monitored in real time using the USB port in any operating mode, making debugging your project faster and easier. Sabertooth 2x32 is more flexible, robust and powerful than previous motor drivers, while also being easier to use.